The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top"
Frank. Herewith a couple of photos of my car's moulding and coachlines to demonstrate my point in my previous post.

Hello again,
in the last months I  tried to create a little brochure that will (perhaps) answer some question for everyone who is restoring his or her RP and now has to make a decission on the question which colour scheme might be the right one. This brochure will be available for free, will be updated whenever new information is available and can be downloaded via the QR-code below or within the brochure itself.

[Image: Titelblatt.jpg]

Hope you like it.
If you find any major language mistakes or consider something to be entirely wrong, I would be very pleased to receive feedback via the e-mail address mentioned at the end of the brochure.
[Image: Bild_2022-05-14_110807396.png]
Kind regards
Frank
Well done Frank! An absolute 'Tour de Force'!

Just one or two tiny points spring to mind:-

You seem to suggest that the waist moulding on the standard cars were painted in a lighter colour to the main body colour.  Judging both from the brochures and indeed my own car, at least some of them appeared to have been painted with the waist moulding in a darker colour to that of the main body.

You also suggest that the standard cars were not coachlined. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have every reason to believe that my car's waistline is still the original factory colour and certainly has what i believe to be the correct coachlines (single along the bonnet widening to double along the sides of the scuttle and body and merging to a single line across the rear panel). examination of the lines with a magnifying glass shows them to have been expertly applied with a brush.

I would question the use my own car as a definitive example. as it was comprehensively 'done up' ( I would not describe it as restored!) some 50 years ago, but what are your (or indeed anyone else's) thoughts on these couple of observations?
Hello David,
thank you very much for your reply.
Concerning the fine lines: There is one beautiful historic photo of a RP saloon in the Getty Image collection (I do not dare to publish it here but this link will take you there ) and it shows the De LUXE RP version with the coachlines running parallel around the rear. The double lines at the bonnet cannot be seen on the same car due to missing contrast.

Concerning the colours of the waist moulding. I strictly referred to the facts given in the publications mentioning the different colour schemes and used the known references to modern colours whereever possible. For the Standard RP the Light Blue with blue band (I think that is what you are referring to) I hope for more details.

Kind regards
Frank
Frank - that is a wonderful piece of research - most impressive! Many thanks!
Hello David,
thank you very much for your reply. As I said before, I will keep on updating the brochure (which has already happened) and will guarantee free download, so that A7 enthusiast and RP owners can use it whenever needed.
Kind regards
Frank