Austinsevenfriends
Chassis/Car plates - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Chassis/Car plates (/showthread.php?tid=405)

Chassis/Car plates - Ian Williams - 02-11-2017

Is anybody still supplying these plates made from Aluminium? I have recently ordered set's from two different suppliers only to be disappointed when stainless steel plates arrived.

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Tony Betts - 02-11-2017

I have sympathy for you IAN.

I had heard the supplier over here had made them in stainless.

I guess the second supplier you have gone to, has stocked the part from the importing supplier.

I was told you can't stamp the numbers into stainless.

I make the chassis plate, to go onto the Ruby chassis. ( in vitrous aluminium ). But in small numbers and a quality material they are not cheap at £7.00 but nobody else makes them. So they do sell from time to time.

The customer who told me about the stainless ones, asked if I'd do some aluminium ones. But I can't see it being worth will at the price they have to be.

I'm surprised this one hasn't been brought to the forum sooner.

Tony.

RE: Chassis/Car plates - David Cochrane - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 08:38 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Is anybody still supplying these plates made from Aluminium? I have recently ordered set's from two different suppliers only to be disappointed when stainless steel plates arrived.

Yes, I now stock the aluminium ones again.

David

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Ian Williams - 02-11-2017

Thanks to you both, you will be receiving orders from me shortly.

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Zetomagneto - 03-11-2017

[attachment=1280 Wrote:David Cochrane pid='3100' dateline='1509659677']
(02-11-2017, 08:38 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Is anybody still supplying these plates made from Aluminium? I have recently ordered set's from two different suppliers only to be disappointed when stainless steel plates arrived.

David

Hi David are yours like this

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Timothy P - 03-11-2017

On the subject of these replacement plates, has anyone a recommendation of punches with something like the original font?

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Martin Prior - 03-11-2017

(03-11-2017, 12:04 AM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 10:54 PM)David Cochrane Wrote:

David

Hi David are yours like this

I've been disappointed with some I've bought recently (Not David's).  Aluminium, but with an incorrect font.

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Ian Williams - 03-11-2017

A quick update, one of the original suppliers has since come back to me offering to send some Aluminium plate's free of charge..... All's well that ends well.

RE: Chassis/Car plates - Zetomagneto - 03-11-2017

Does anyone do the style In the image I posted