The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chassis/Car plates
Is anybody still supplying these plates made from Aluminium? I have recently ordered set's from two different suppliers only to be disappointed when stainless steel plates arrived.
Black Art Enthusiast
I have sympathy for you IAN.

I had heard the supplier over here had made them in stainless.

I guess the second supplier you have gone to, has stocked the part from the importing supplier.

I was told you can't stamp the numbers into stainless.

I make the chassis plate, to go onto the Ruby chassis. ( in vitrous aluminium ). But in small numbers and a quality material they are not cheap at £7.00 but nobody else makes them. So they do sell from time to time.

The customer who told me about the stainless ones, asked if I'd do some aluminium ones. But I can't see it being worth will at the price they have to be.

I'm surprised this one hasn't been brought to the forum sooner.

Tony.
(02-11-2017, 08:38 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Is anybody still supplying these plates made from Aluminium? I have recently ordered set's from two different suppliers only to be disappointed when stainless steel plates arrived.

Yes, I now stock the aluminium ones again.

David
Thanks to you both, you will be receiving orders from me shortly.
Black Art Enthusiast
[attachment=1280 Wrote:David Cochrane pid='3100' dateline='1509659677']
(02-11-2017, 08:38 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Is anybody still supplying these plates made from Aluminium? I have recently ordered set's from two different suppliers only to be disappointed when stainless steel plates arrived.

David

Hi David are yours like this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On the subject of these replacement plates, has anyone a recommendation of punches with something like the original font?
(03-11-2017, 12:04 AM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 10:54 PM)David Cochrane Wrote:

David

Hi David are yours like this

I've been disappointed with some I've bought recently (Not David's).  Aluminium, but with an incorrect font.
A quick update, one of the original suppliers has since come back to me offering to send some Aluminium plate's free of charge..... All's well that ends well.
Black Art Enthusiast
Does anyone do the style In the image I posted