The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On line archive
I have only just discovered this magnificent on line archive  http://archive.a7ca.org/ 

It happened quite by accident, I went to page 35 on the forum as I was looking to see if Ian Williams post on how one arrived at ownership and club activities etc (can't recall precise title now) as I was thinking of adding to that one.

Now the archive seems a superb resource, but as a relative newcomer I often find myself trawling around all over the web looking for stuff when perhaps it could be more easily identified on a more user friendly "one stop" forum/website such as this one?

I can't see a reference to the archive on the front home web page, could this be added, or could we have what I notice are popular on other forums...a set of "stickies" (horrid word), or something similar?

I realise that moving from the old forum to the new one must have been an onerous task, but is it the intention to have the old forum fully incorporated into the new one?

I liked IW's thread on clubs etc....it seems the only way forward, and I will be coming back with my idea of a "community workshop" as soon as I find the time/effort over Easter hopefully.

I'm in East Sussex, Ditchling, and I've already met a chap from Burgess Hill, there's one in Lewes I understand, one or more in Brighton, Chris Gould in Worthing, and Rod Yates in Vines Cross, so quite a few already for a small club in Mid/West/East Sussex, though I understand that there are meetings at the 6 Bells pub not too far away.

Chris Gould is coming to see me this week (I met him last week) so that will be fun...better tidy up the workshop today/tomorrow.

Anyway, is there any chance of things like the archive etc being more prominent....unless they are already and I've just been plain daft in not noticing it.

Arthur
Do you belong to an Austin Seven club Arthur?
(19-03-2018, 08:01 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do you belong to an Austin Seven club Arthur?

I do but that's not the point! being a new member to this stuff all round, not all has yet sunk in, and newcomers to this forum and those who haven't yet joined a club, might not be aware of the archive?

On the assumption that I was aware of it...I have to say that I had forgotten about it it until I went to page 35 of the forum this morning and saw it featured. The brain at 63 is not so fast as it once was!!

The point being it is marvellous with lots of pdfs of parts lists and drawings and loads more.

All good stuff!

I still think it ought to be featured on this website?

Arthur
I wasn't making a point Arthur, I was asking you a question.

As one that is closely involved in the development of the Archive you mentioned I am interested to know how well it is promoted by the Clubs, if it isn't, then the team need to try and help that situation as the Archive belongs to the member Clubs.

If you would like to be updated on the progress of the Archive fill in your details here: http://archive.a7ca.org/get-involved/

You will then receive our e-newlstter (when I get around to producing the next one).

In the meantime, I will add a post above which links directly to the Archive.
(19-03-2018, 08:30 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I wasn't making a point Arthur, I was asking you a question.

As one that is closely involved in the development of the Archive you mentioned I am interested to know how well it is promoted by the Clubs, if it isn't, then the team need to try and help that situation as the Archive belongs to the member Clubs.

If you would like to be updated on the progress of the Archive fill in your details here: http://archive.a7ca.org/get-involved/

You will then receive our e-newlstter (when I get around to producing the next one).

In the meantime, I will add a post above which links directly to the Archive.

Muy excellente old chap! I did in fact complete the email update on the site, and I have to say that it is a splendid resource, and yes, I am interested in getting involved somehow somewhere.

I do lots of scanning and photoshop work for my own aviation nonsense so might be able to get involved somewhere down the line.

Thanks again.

Arthur
De nada.
(19-03-2018, 10:52 AM)merlinart Wrote: I have only just discovered this magnificent on line archive  http://archive.a7ca.org/ 

It happened quite by accident, I went to page 35 on the forum as I was looking to see if Ian Williams post on how one arrived at ownership and club activities etc (can't recall precise title now) as I was thinking of adding to that one.

Now the archive seems a superb resource, but as a relative newcomer I often find myself trawling around all over the web looking for stuff when perhaps it could be more easily identified on a more user friendly "one stop" forum/website such as this one?

I can't see a reference to the archive on the front home web page, could this be added, or could we have what I notice are popular on other forums...a set of "stickies" (horrid word), or something similar?

I realise that moving from the old forum to the new one must have been an onerous task, but is it the intention to have the old forum fully incorporated into the new one?

I liked IW's thread on clubs etc....it seems the only way forward, and I will be coming back with my idea of a "community workshop" as soon as I find the time/effort over Easter hopefully.

I'm in East Sussex, Ditchling, and I've already met a chap from Burgess Hill, there's one in Lewes I understand, one or more in Brighton, Chris Gould in Worthing, and Rod Yates in Vines Cross, so quite a few already for a small club in Mid/West/East Sussex, though I understand that there are meetings at the 6 Bells pub not too far away.

Chris Gould is coming to see me this week (I met him last week) so that will be fun...better tidy up the workshop today/tomorrow.

Anyway, is there any chance of things like the archive etc being more prominent....unless they are already and I've just been plain daft in not noticing it.

Arthur

I have placed a link to this excellent resource in a prominent place on our club website -

http://www.austin7club.org/

the most difficult part is to get our club members to look at the website - but with regular promotion we might get there.

Older members  often have an aversion to trying new things !

Cheers, Tony.