The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Period photos
A couple of pics from more recent times, collecting my 1936 AVJ van from Bassett's Garage in Hartington, in 1967:

.jpg   1967 Bassett's Garage, Hartington.800.jpg (Size: 123.6 KB / Downloads: 705)

.jpg   1967 CWJ 694 800.jpg (Size: 58.76 KB / Downloads: 708)
(03-09-2017, 08:06 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: You can also use the new reply or quick reply functions, your post will then appear like this with no quotes.

Edit; Timothy has just beaten me to it!

Thanks Ian, hoping this works.

Meanwhile, back to Period photos!
To continue the theme of lady drivers, here is one that popped up on ebay, recently. LINK

Miss Victoria Worsley. As I understand this is her blown TT 'ulster' reg GN8198.
As far as I can tell trying to decipher the handwriting on the back, and comparing it to what events would make sense, I believe that it reads "Relay Race Presented 4th July 1931", This tallies with the JCC meeting at Brooklands on that day, in which Miss Worsley was entered. A number of different races and tests were run at this meeting including a two lap relay race. I'm afraid I cannot find any info as to her team mate nor her performance in the relay. Earlier in the day she earned a gold medal in the 20 lap high speed reliability trial, gaining a small mention in the 'Motorsport' magazine write up.

"The hairpin soon began to get very badly cut up, as is usual in this event, and the result was fairly hectic in the case of those who tried to take it as a racing corner, and the hedge came very near to being spoilt on several occasions. Marriott was among the most violent, and Miss Worsley all but overdid things on one occasion."
That's a wonderful photo.
Hope this works and is accepted within the remit of the post.
Video is of VSCC Oulton Park 1961, where they had a parade of 'pre war' drivers, including Kay Petre in the Sidevalve single seater.
Skip to 2:56 for the cars preparing for the parade.
The photo of Miss Worsley is very cool indeed Timothy, really nice details shown!
There is a lot of info on the Web relating to VW. Also see Sept 2007 Friends' archive for more info.
Quite a lady!

Chris
(11-09-2017, 04:45 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Miss Victoria Worsley. As I understand this is her blown TT 'ulster' reg GN8198.

I always understood that GN 8198 was unblown.

The meeting would have probably been the JCC Member's Day meeting, she usually shared the driving with R Latham Boote.

She worked as a driving instructor.
(12-09-2017, 10:07 PM)austin Wrote: I always understood that GN 8198 was unblown.

The meeting would have probably been the JCC Member's Day meeting, she usually shared the driving with R Latham Boote.

She worked as a driving instructor.

Hello Austin,
I have to admit I was under the same impression, it is certainly recorded as unblown for the double twelve. I had considered not writing 'blown', however was coaxed into making this particular blunder by the index of BCB in which the entry for Victoria Worsley states 'S/c TT Ulster GN 8198'. Sorry for the parlance, JCC members day July 4th 1931, was the one I was referring to. As it was a relay I was wondering what the other car in her team was and who was driving. According to the 'motorsport' report, the first car had to complete it's lap, stop and remove a spark plug to hand to the other car.
All the best
Two more for your delectation:

1933 London Gloucester Trial

.jpg   1933London Gloucester Trial OW 1463 copy.jpg (Size: 226.9 KB / Downloads: 348)

and 1935 MCC Lands End Trial

.jpg   1935 MCC L E Trial T B Raban VE 4492.jpg (Size: 181.66 KB / Downloads: 346)