The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Period photos
Thanks Dave - you are correct.

It appears that YF is currently assigned to Leeds and I made the assumption it had always been so - always a dangerous thing!
(01-09-2017, 09:28 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Thanks Dave - you are correct.  

It appears that YF is currently assigned to Leeds and I made the assumption it had always been so - always a dangerous thing!

Another Leeds registration was UM, and I believe that BUM was never used so as not to offend those of a nervous disposition! Smile
Similarly ARS, GOD, SEX, SOD and a few more were not used.

Apologies for thread drift.
Everyone who has recently been issued with a BF number
should know that it was withdrawn in 1904 after only 100 or so vehicles had been
Registered in Dorsetshire, after a Petition to a Parliament by the local landed gentry, who were the only ones to afford cars then.

They complained that the peasants were calling them Bloody Fools in them that motors
As they drove by. BF was withdrawn altogether in 1920. Check your old AA book!
Only to be re-issued for Bloody Fools who restore old cars!

I am now one of that number!

Bill G
(01-09-2017, 09:44 AM)Dave Wheatley Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 09:28 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Thanks Dave - you are correct.  

Another Leeds registration was UM, and I believe that BUM was never used so as not to offend those of a nervous disposition! Smile
Similarly ARS, GOD, SEX, SOD and a few more were not used.

Apologies for thread drift.
Based near the Scottish Border,
This is excellent stuff - cheered me up a treat!!
Lord Digby was BF 1 and took exception to it so was the instigator of getting Dorset changed from BF to FX,JT and PR ,he eventually was FX 1. Smile
Now we are back in business with photo attachments, here's another Boyd Carpenter from the same event:

Back to Post 38, it is indeed Mike Cannon as confirmed by Geoff Harrison; Mike's first special was a 750 Formula car, registered NKP 776, and the car in my photo was his first trials special, OKK 391 - a Seven chassis fitted with Ford Ten engine and gearbox, and Standard Eight rear axle.
Ruairidh and Dave,
Thanks for your replies, I have looked at some AD photos and yes it looks like it is an early 1927 reg. from London.

Roger
Photo 
When I acquired my car in about 2006, a bunch of old photos came with it. I guess from the late 40s or early 50s.
The car in the pic was thought to have been the one that I acquired, JC 286.
Anyway subsequent investigation in the Scottish Austin Seven Club magazine suggested that the car had been scrapped a long time ago, so I finished up with an age related plate.
I think the MG is a PA or PB. My car is a RM tourer (Long story!).
It would be nice if anyone has more information about JC 286.

.jpg   Front view with MG.jpg (Size: 27.84 KB / Downloads: 360)
I have more photos of that car Dave:

.jpg   Front view.jpg (Size: 28.23 KB / Downloads: 380)

.jpg   Side View with canoe.jpg (Size: 49.83 KB / Downloads: 377)

.jpg   Front view with canoe.jpg (Size: 43.94 KB / Downloads: 376)

.jpg   Front 3.4 view.jpg (Size: 34.34 KB / Downloads: 376)

.jpg   Side view.jpg (Size: 31.35 KB / Downloads: 376)

.jpg   Rear view with MG.jpg (Size: 33.63 KB / Downloads: 378)
My dad helped rebuild this beauty xxxx