The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Radiator repairers
Has anyone had experience of either Aaron Radiators Ltd. in South East London (Croydon) OR Vintage Wings & Radiators Ltd. in Manchester.

Both are listed in the Red Book Directory so presumably someone has used these firms.

Looking for a re-core of the radiator on a like-for-like of the honeycomb core to my 1930 Swallow, both have priced, one is more expensive than the other, but the overall cost for both is high - it is quite an involved process for the core fabrication, it would be a lot cheaper to go with a modern replacement, but that is hardly the point.

So looking to hear from anyone that has used either of these firms for recommendation or otherwise, thanks in advance!
I have use Vintage Wings in the past without any issues.

The last few I have had done were by Tony Wilder, you can get him on: ‭07957 933785‬

Fast service with very reasonable prices.
I know you use the Devon A7 Club Facebook page Gary , in their club magazine received (on Line ) today there is someone who had a new original pattern fitted by Exeter Radiators.

Edit to add : I am hoping to be at The Six Bells tomorrow night so will bring a print out of the article with me.
Have had two rads rebuilt by Aaron radiators in the last 5 years, their work has been fine in my experience.
(14-03-2018, 02:58 PM)GK5268 Wrote: Has anyone had experience of either Aaron Radiators Ltd. in South East London (Croydon) OR Vintage Wings & Radiators Ltd. in Manchester.

Both are listed in the Red Book Directory so presumably someone has used these firms.

Looking for a re-core of the radiator on a like-for-like of the honeycomb core to my 1930 Swallow, both have priced, one is more expensive than the other, but the overall cost for both is high - it is quite an involved process for the core fabrication, it would be a lot cheaper to go with a modern replacement, but that is hardly the point.

So looking to hear from anyone that has used either of these firms for recommendation or otherwise, thanks in advance!

As said by Mr Dunford -  Tony Wilder is good and did my Swallow. Just checking with you, the 1930 Swallow core is not honeycomb - should be Z pattern. The false pieces in the cowl are of course honeycomb.
Just to add to what Nick has said regarding false honeycomb also known as dummy honeycomb - as far as I'm aware the only manufacturers of this product are the Vintage Car Radiator Company based at Bicester Heritage - be aware it too is very expensive. Amongst many other vehicles, it was used in the radiator cowls of 1934 to 1937 Series I Morris Eights.

http://www.vintagecarradiatorcompany.co.uk
(14-03-2018, 07:06 PM)Nick Turley Wrote:
(14-03-2018, 02:58 PM)GK5268 Wrote: Has anyone had experience of either Aaron Radiators Ltd. in South East London (Croydon) OR Vintage Wings & Radiators Ltd. in Manchester.

As said by Mr Dunford -  Tony Wilder is good and did my Swallow. Just checking with you, the 1930 Swallow core is not honeycomb - should be Z pattern. The false pieces in the cowl are of course honeycomb.

Thanks for the replies everyone, Nick - here is my radiator core - this is very similar to dummy honeycomb on the cowling itself, do you think this is wrong?
[attachment=2420]
(15-03-2018, 01:06 AM)GK5268 Wrote:
(14-03-2018, 07:06 PM)Nick Turley Wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone, Nick - here is my radiator core - this is very similar to dummy honeycomb on the cowling itself, do you think this is wrong?
Without doubt - Z pattern is the one you need.