The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone fancy a trip to Lithuania
Just seen this on facecloth, not my advert.

Nice looking RL Saloon, speedo is in kms so might be an export one too. Rather like the offset spare to get the numberplate frame in place.

Clive B.

https://www.facebook.com/austin7even/?hc...tion=group
With 22 kw should not take long to drive back.!
(13-03-2018, 10:57 AM)Austin7nut Wrote: Just seen this on facecloth, not my advert.

Nice looking RL Saloon, speedo is in kms so might be an export one too. Rather like the offset spare to get the numberplate frame in place.

Clive B.

https://www.facebook.com/austin7even/?hc...tion=group

I drove there 3 years ago, a friend of mine married a Lithuanian woman in Vilnius. 3800 mile round trip from Sussex, marvellous it was, the wife and I stayed in Colditz castle in the German Kommandantur building now a youth hostel, and various castles in Poland. Roads in Poland were far better than ours! Splendid country Poland, Lithuania seemed flat around Vilnius anyway but very fascinating all round. Went to Auschwitz on the way back.

I'm up for it if someone buys it, haul it back on my trailer!

Arthur
I might be alone, but I do hope it finds a home out there.

We've got so many in this country already, this would be an oddity over here and perhaps less desirable for it.

Its nice to see export stuff being restored in its natural habitat and enjoyed by a new generation.
Sorry chaps, just been shown it is an old Faceclot post from 2016, would be nice to know what happened to it, still think it's an interesting car with some unique details which i hope have not been lost

Clive B.
Looks to be an RM, not an RL, probably mid-1931 (upright fuel tank, early wings, late radiator grille).
Flying with a Lithuanian tomorrow, if anyone wants any translations done.
Better over there. If it came here someone would surely make an Ulster out of it
(13-03-2018, 07:31 PM)Hedd Jones Wrote: Better over there. If it came here someone would surely make an Ulster out of it

Hardly, not at that kind of price anyway! 

It looks a rather nice car. Having been to Lithuania and knowing that average wages/salaries are about one half of ours if not lower, values of older cars are likely to be much lower with most people being unable to buy one. They tend not to be quite a collecting nation as we are, though some superb museums. I suspect that their psyche is more about who is likely to be their next invader! The country certainly got rather pumelled  from all sides during the 20th century.

Arthur