The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP window channeling dimension
The felted rubber window channeling on the driver and passenger doors of the RP crumbled to nothing years ago. Would anyone be able to tell me the dimensions of it so that I can order replacements? And if you happen to know what length is needed to do both doors, that would be a bonus.
I buy mine here Nick: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/s...ery=window

The channelling usually goes to about half way down (maybe slightly more) the door on each side and along the top, reasonably easy to measure (and add a bit).
Many thanks Ruairidh. This one?

.jpg   channel.JPG (Size: 18.28 KB / Downloads: 114)

How delightful to see it still being sold by the foot!
That is what I use for Rubies, someone will know for sure on RPs (there seems to be a variety available....).
Could some kind soul please confirm if there is a difference in dimensions between what is used on Rubies and Box saloons?
(08-03-2018, 09:27 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Many thanks Ruairidh. This one?

How delightful to see it still being sold by the foot!

Hi Nick,

I too am rebuilding my RP doors, the old guide was 30” long.
I have bought new felt covered guides from Woolies but the glass is too tight and will not freely raise or lower. The channel in the doors is 0.560” wide and 0.300” deep.
Is there an alternative that may give me more room for the glass.
One of the doors had what looked like card inserts instead of the proper guides.
I will contact A7Workshop.

Roger