The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scam watch
He's baaak, This morning the scammer advertised this Austin and the usual assortment of collector vehicles on Ebay.  He is selling on
behalf of his uncle...etc.

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

I did compose a scam watch post but by the time I'd finished the post Ebay had deleted the listing,  yea!
It has now arrived again under a different vendors ID ,  beware,    Russell
Just for information of others on this and other scams. I once made the mistake of trying to report such a scam to the Police, I say mistake since it took about 40 mins including being on hold for quite a while. By the time i got through ebay had already deleted some of the posts. There was a drive home Austin Healey 3000 for about 10 grand and an Audi A1 for 4k. Also listed were diggers, cars etc, some of which said no VAT private sale. If you sold the whole lot you'd have been over the VAT limit by the end of the day anyway!! The police aksked why I thought this was fradulent, i pointed out the VAT issue, the fact every car was photograhed in front of a different house and the fact they were all below market value. 

The main point the police made however which i'd like to pass onto others was that the accounts used are often hijacked rather than set up for the purpose.

I still struggle to see why this cant be followed up and people traced, its bound to be the same people behind many scams.
The scammer involved has been listing large numbers of vehicles on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day, under numerous hijacked seller IDs. Fortunately, his listings are recognisable a mile off!