The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
S’no Fun...
My dad enjoyed the video.  Brought back memories of being towed on sleds as a kid.  He also remembered pouring water on a suitable slope in the play ground to freeze into a slide.

So thank you for posting...
The cupboard was bare!  So......

.......a problem-free ten miles, with the roads almost completely to ourselves.

Unfortunately. Morrison's was almost bare, too!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's the spirit! Love it!
Great pics Martin - lovely!

Bryan
Heartwarming pictures Martin, we are envious whilst we sit in front of the fan in 32C degrees  Heart
I see how well Martin's doors fit and no longer wonder why I freeze in our RP...but, on the plus side, it is so draughty it never steams up!
(03-03-2018, 11:29 PM)Michael Wrote: I see how well Martin's doors fit and no longer wonder why I freeze in our RP...but, on the plus side, it is so draughty it never steams up!

I don't think it is a case of how well the doors fit, Michael.  You often see yawning gaps between the top of the door and the roof, also at the front edge of the door.  This is generally due to there being no draught seals fitted around the door panels. These can easily be made and transform the comfort of the car.  For the wide gap at the front edge of the door, you can use wing piping covered in leathercloth.  All you need to do is loosen the door panel, slip the seal under and retighten the panel to grip it in place.  At the top of the door, in addition to the draught seal, I think that originally a fabric 'curtain' about 1/2" deep was fitted under the cover trim around the edge of the head-lining.  My very original 1929 fabric saloon had this in place.
You also get a lot of draught around the gearbox.  On my SWB saloon I have attached a sheet of non-intercellular foam about 4mm thick onto the underside of the cover plate over the starter housing.  I used small bifurcated rivets to fix the foam, which protrudes beyond the metal panel around the starter housing. When fitted in place, the foam compresses to provide a very effective seal and the protruding bit moulds around the starter housing perfectly.  It reduces the draught and also stops fumes and noise coming through from the engine compartment.  I also have a well fitted carpet that helps.  There is often a massive gap between the door panel and the inner cill.  On my saloon I sealed this with a length of Furflex trapped under the edge of the carpet.  I take the view that if you have a saloon, it needs to be comfortable, otherwise you might as well have an open car! 
I drive with the drivers window slightly open and this prevents misting up in most circumstances.  Unlike most modern cars, you can drive an Austin 7 in wet weather with the window slightly open without the rain getting in.
Starting to thaw quite well.  Must've been cold, though...found this dead penguin carcass under the snow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ah! I was wondering where he was

.jpg   125e2b70-f108-4a91-b211-954a29354ced.jpg (Size: 37.65 KB / Downloads: 159)
I had thought of doing some draught excluding last year, but then the sun came out and it went to the back of my mind. The experiences of the last week may encourage me to do the job, but the white stuff has now all gone and the sun was out earlier...we'll see.