The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering column advance / throttle tubes
Hi - am rebuilding 1930 fabric and want to put back the advance retard and central throttle controls.
I cannot find any where a drawing of the column made up with the tubes (have the one in spares book but this is of unit dismantled)
Has anyone got a drawing of the assembly and even better sizes of each tube.
For safety I may use the manual throttle to run modern high Viz Led indicators via switch at bottom 
Thanks
Olly
I have one built up and out of a car, Ollie. If you let me know what dimensions you need I'll do some measuring.

Steve
Hi Olly

David Cochrane can supply the tubes you
need.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Yes he does. I had some a couple of months ago and they work perfectly
(27-02-2018, 07:00 PM)Alan Wrote: Yes he does. I had some a couple of months ago and they work perfectly

I have a pair of tubes from David but on mine there appears to be a larger walled tube so they do not fit --- will take pictures tonight to explain show more
thanks
Does any one sell the insulation at the top and bottom of the tube or do people just make there own, I presume the ones in the photo below are original?  The top one came out but the bottom one broke up.

I had someone I know turn up a piece of nylon to replace my broken top insulator.
(01-03-2018, 01:52 PM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: Does any one sell the insulation at the top and bottom of the tube or do people just make there own, I presume the ones in the photo below are original?  The top one came out but the bottom one broke up.

You can make these out of hardwood/ nylon/ ebonite or similar.
(01-03-2018, 01:52 PM)tube sizes Wrote: further to first post and other replies here are few pictures and details
the outer original tube with car and has thrust bush on end Part BM136 has OD of .561 and ID of .360
The first rotationg tube brass and part bm130 has OD .497 and id.401 ---- this is problem as will not fit into above part.
the final inner brass tube ( which fits above) Part bm129 has od .375 and id.320

Any idea's

PS when I get this sorted I will turn up a few insulators - if anyone can sketch one up will be happy to make a few extras as appears quick turning job (will be in Nylon 66 )

Olly

You can make these out of hardwood/ nylon/ ebonite or similar.

Attached Files
.jpg   A7 tube 2.jpg (Size: 76.25 KB / Downloads: 263)
.jpg   A7 Tube.jpg (Size: 53.28 KB / Downloads: 261)
(01-03-2018, 01:52 PM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: Does any one sell the insulation at the top and bottom of the tube or do people just make there own, I presume the ones in the photo below are original?  The top one came out but the bottom one broke up.

Douglas, I'd be happy to turn them up for you from a Nylon 6 type material.