The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different kind of Ulster!

.jpg   AM U 1.jpg (Size: 259.41 KB / Downloads: 903) I saw this a couple of weeks ago and took some photos of it.

I visited Rod Yates yesterday in Vines Cross and in conversation he mentioned that a chap had phoned him for a panel for an Ulster and it turned out to be this Aston Martin Ulster. I saw it the same day that it visited Rod and the chap wanted a panel made for the side, under the exhaust.

Apparently the chap bought this example recently as is for just over £1 million! I looked them up and saw that one sold last year for about £3 million....different world!

regards

Arthur

.jpg   AM U 1.jpg (Size: 259.41 KB / Downloads: 903)

Attached Files
.jpg   AMU 2.jpg (Size: 282.12 KB / Downloads: 892)
so if he got a can of black spray and redid those headlamps and windscreen surround, he'd add a couple of mill...?
AKU 991. A car I've known for more years than I care to remember and one that's original, never rebuilt or restored, always used, raced and used again. Not a car that's ever been vandalised by having a glossy, or indeed any, restoration. To do so would destroy a unique car. If you have to ask why, you'll never understand the answer!

Steve
Dead right.
(24-02-2018, 08:41 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: AKU 991. A car I've known for more years than I care to remember and one that's original, never rebuilt or restored, always used, raced and used again. Not a car that's ever been vandalised by having a glossy, or indeed any, restoration. To do so would destroy a unique car. If you have to ask why, you'll never understand the answer!

Steve

You mean no Rod End Bearings ? Smile

Cheers, Tony.
(24-02-2018, 11:16 PM)Tony Press Wrote: You mean no Rod End Bearings ? Smile

Cheers, Tony.

Quite!! Wink

Steve
Pictured at the Kent pub meet a couple of years ago. Yes a proper and important car with an owner who both uses it and appreciates what he’s got.

Note the mesh screen in the first couple of photos.

[Image: 2u6mio6.jpg]
A pity the original exhaust manifold has been changed since this photo.
So what you are saying is that the new owner has not got the same appreciation of what he brought, sad if he wrecks the car in the process.

Sounds like Pigsty have got hold of it and done some tuning!
Black Art Enthusiast
Pigsty and the owner took it to CCK Historic racing & restoration to Tune on there rolling road on the 9th Feb for a gain of 23% over what it had when it arrived

BML 329 has the same Exhaust