The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine stand for A7 engine work
(25-02-2018, 06:39 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: A very simple air filter made from a tea strainer

Hi Austin,
Very neat, though in practice it wont filter much and will adversely effect air flow through that nice SU.
If your not looking to max the gain from fitting an SU then better to use an efficient filter. Not so sexy looking but does preserve your engine and if its all under the bonnet its not on display.
Just a thought.

Paul N-M
(28-02-2018, 01:41 PM)NickB Wrote: We like the excellent 'amateur' productions Geoff, it adds something for the viewer to ponder and smile at.
Keep the great productions coming
Will do NickB.
Geoff - That's all the encouragement I need  Big Grin
(01-03-2018, 09:12 AM)Paul N-M Wrote:
(25-02-2018, 06:39 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: A very simple air filter made from a tea strainer

Hi Austin,
Very neat, though in practice it wont filter much and will adversely effect air flow through that nice SU.
If your not looking to max the gain from fitting an SU then better to use an efficient filter. Not so sexy looking but does preserve your engine and if its all under the bonnet its not on display.
Just a thought.

Paul N-M

Hello Paul,
The filter isn't my work, I took the photo at Bicester Heritage.

Austin
(01-03-2018, 12:50 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 09:12 AM)Paul N-M Wrote:

Hi Austin,
Just a thought.

Paul N-M

Hello Paul,
The filter isn't my work, I took the photo at Bicester Heritage.

Austin
Touche! Glad to hear it.
Exhuming an ancient thread.
Since I had my engine in bits recently I snapped a photo of my engine cradle that fits onto a standard Machine Mart type engine stand.
Created with precision and planning from flat bar using the well tried "weld it where it touches" approach to fabrication. Works very well and allows good access.