The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gordon England body badges...
Val Brookes - who helps maintain the Stadium information and patterns for the GE Register - has contacted the company (with the help of Damian G-T) who made the last batch of enamel badges.

They will make more for the price shown below.

If you are interested contact Val in the first instance through this post and she will coordinate with them, production is due to complete for October 2018.

.jpeg   7D3CEF45-8E81-472C-9CF9-65116C8430CA.jpeg (Size: 53.52 KB / Downloads: 846)

.jpeg   4C8550CE-5C90-43AA-A509-6E1D8788D4B4.jpeg (Size: 72.28 KB / Downloads: 840)
Expensive, but beautiful!
I am? Why thank you Mike xx
Looks great! All I need is a GE car to go with one.

Interesting, though. "England" clearly didn't make any claims on Scotland, but I wonder what the Welsh thought.
Probably something to do with the Roman occupation of Britain followed by Wales being a series of small kingdoms without a single Monarch until they were conquered by the Norman's, whereas Scotland was never under Roman rule and had a Monarchy. The modern way of thinking about Wales as a seperate country never existed before Britain was invaded numerous times, and the Roman occupation largely created what we now call Scotland.
Black Art Enthusiast
My house lies 100 yds north of the Antonine Wall - fact.
Whereabouts were they fitted to the car?

Interesting that they were 'built under licence'; so who held the patents? Were the patents in E C Gordon England's name as an individual, and the company paid him a licence fee in the same way as Austin Motor Co paid Herbert Austin?
He had many patents in his name, a couple can be seen here: https://gordonenglandregister.wordpress....d-patents/