The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longbridge factory photos
Russell,I don't have access to a copy of that brochure - have a go at scanning it for us, and if necessary I'll try reviving it like the last one if your post still doesn't work.
Hi Mike thanks for doing this , I'm very envious of your abilities, I really must join the mens shed computer classes.
Is this it Peter?

Thumbs Up 
thanks Rory
Thanks for sharing it Russell - great picture!
Thank you Mike, Ruairidh and Squeak, that's the one I was looking for! Reassuring that I hadn't imagined it.

I'm not sure you can see the smoker's hatch because of the angle of the shot. Interesting that it doesn't show any blanking grommets in the bumper holes (even though they have been available on ebay) and the paint looks fairly mediocre. A better finish on the wings than the body though. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a new car today - I suspect it would make our best restorations look too shiny.

Peter.
I cropped that first one a bit tight - sorry...

.jpeg   E5AC059E-149B-41A8-93A3-C924827601B9.jpeg (Size: 317.85 KB / Downloads: 182)
Peter that picture has been cropped, the full size original (small) shows more of the roof and the possible smokers hatch. 
This publication is one to watch for in the archive when listed as there are LOTS of good photos and information about the Austin works.   cheers  Russell 

edit : how spooky you beat me to it Big Grin
Thanks Ruairidh. Yes you're quite right, it's a smokers hatch.

Peter.
There are some more factory photos on these websites that look quite interesting, always amazes me how may people are working there or are they just there for the photo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bir...m-32203604

http://www.ssplprints.com/image/83983/po...7-may-1935