The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clock
Hello all

I have recently purchased a smith clock for my chummy, and wondering was there a particular position the clock sat on the left hand side of the dash? 

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As they were never fitted by Austin the answer Simon is where ever you like the look of it, no one can tell you it is wrong as it is purely an owner embellishment.
Black Art Enthusiast
As has already been pointed out, a clock was never an original fitment on a Chummy, so as an accessory it is up to you where you fit it. If you are determined to go ahead (and I would question its practical use in today's environment) I would caution against cutting the large hole it requires in the dashboard - particularly if the dash is original and not a repro, but consider mounting it on a separate bracket below.
it might look a bit odd below?
I must admit, for those sorts of dilemmas, I've used something like one of these - battery operated and very small - to give a timepiece on a previous dash - stuck on with a bit of glue.
Naff, but quite fetching and practical... https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Retro-Vintage-R.../754179917?