The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven in an unlikely place
Many will know about the A7 on top of the Cambridge University Senate House but I had not heard of the A7 that ended up hanging under the Kingsgate Bridge in Durham in the mid-1960s.

I was giving a talk about A7s at our local 41Club/Round Table this week when a young chap came up to me and showed me the picture. He was a student at Durham fairly recently and had somehow heard of the event - though he didn't know what the car was until I told him.

.jpg   a7.JPG (Size: 55.89 KB / Downloads: 383)

Copyright of the photo is not known to me.
(08-02-2018, 05:34 PM)NickĀ Salmon Wrote: Many will know about the A7 on top of the Cambridge University Senate House but I had not heard of the A7 that ended up hanging under the Kingsgate Bridge in Durham in the mid-1960s.

I was giving a talk about A7s at our local 41Club/Round Table this week when a young chap came up to me and showed me the picture. He was a student at Durham fairly recently and had somehow heard of the event - though he didn't know what the car was until I told him.

Copyright of the photo is not known to me.
Also in Cambridge a box saloon was suspended from the bridge of Sighs (St John's College), I think it was during the seventies. I understand that the car was floated down river on two punts before being raised into position, relatively simple compared with the Senate House or Durham stunts!
Robert Leigh
Cambridge A7 under the bridge is reported in the Cambridge news, link below.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ca...d-13428268

Photo shows the car being removed.

.jpeg   F617436B-53FC-45EF-A49E-25068FD1FACC.jpeg (Size: 47.96 KB / Downloads: 143)