The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California dreaming
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6466458361html

This is an interesting project. That (running!) American Austin 1931 roadster could be in the UK for £5000 & probably with all the spares
If the link works! Dam it didn't work!
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/...58361.html
Fascinating; anyone fancy going 'halves' - I don't mind which one I end up with!
I fancy the convertible, what would the shipping cost approx?
(08-02-2018, 09:02 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I fancy the convertible, what would the shipping cost approx?
I brought one in last year
Ocean freight£610 ($1.28)UK VAT £300 (based on landed cost ie purchase +freight) Duty 5% £132 & UK port costs £400
I collected from the UK docks & seller delivered to US docks.
So keep the invoice price down! UK port handling charges are extortionate, but unavoidable.
I used CFR Rinkens.
Get all the spares into a box in the car.
pm me if you go ahead - the listing is 3 weeks old so if still there price etc may be very negotiable.....the spare block etc could be useful!
David
do it, do it!
but watch an episode of ITV 'The Car Chasers' first so you get your negotitations right!
Negotiate hard on just one, THEN introduce the package deal option... :-)
(09-02-2018, 09:34 AM)JonE Wrote: do it, do it!
but watch an episode of ITV 'The Car Chasers' first so you get your negotitations right!
Negotiate hard on just one, THEN introduce the package deal option... :-)

I need to stay married. so cannot / dare not start another project! Otherwise.................!
I already have another Seven waiting to be shipped....(that will be my fourth, but I have kept only three)
It will not be too hard to track down a Seven owner in LA who would go & check the car exists & that the seller has title. I am sure he is genuine, but better safe than sorry. I found an MG owner in each case to check out my purchases. Also if possible get seller to take the car to the shipper, saves a lot.
Someone must save that tourer from the Hot Rod fate...the Coupe is probably too far gone.