The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance for a 17 year old
Smile    That's great - let's get the next generation driving Sevens
Fabulous news! (Take a good book and a blanket for sitting in the nightclub carpark until 2am...)
A bit of advice, its been a while since i struggled for insurance due to age, i found the magic number was 25, then the price drops!

Dont try and compare meerkats unless you have a 4 year old fiesta, these companys are not interested in anything old & deliberately price high.

Try a local insurance broker with an office on the High Street you can walk in and discuss with.

Try some of the classic brokers advertised in the classic press, some are Austin 7 owners and offer good deals to club members.

One broker i have been using for years in Lynbrook Insurance Services, http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk/ you get a great service & prices are good aswell.

The old trick of getting listed as a named driver doesnt really work these days, but always worth getting a parent to insure it and have you as a named driver. 

Higher the excess, lower the price usually, chances of causing t 

Look on the classic & Retro forum "Retro Rides", plenty of guys your age having similar problems with pre 1990 cars, its all mostly 70-80s stuff, but the advice will be a good source.
(06-02-2018, 04:41 PM)JohnD Wrote: A bit of advice, its been a while since i struggled for insurance due to age, i found the magic number was 25, then the price drops!

Dont try and compare meerkats unless you have a 4 year old fiesta, these companys are not interested in anything old & deliberately price high.

Try a local insurance broker with an office on the High Street you can walk in and discuss with.

Try some of the classic brokers advertised in the classic press, some are Austin 7 owners and offer good deals to club members.

One broker i have been using for years in Lynbrook Insurance Services, http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk/ you get a great service & prices are good aswell.

The old trick of getting listed as a named driver doesnt really work these days, but always worth getting a parent to insure it and have you as a named driver. 

Higher the excess, lower the price usually, chances of causing t 

Look on the classic & Retro forum "Retro Rides", plenty of guys your age having similar problems with pre 1990 cars, its all mostly 70-80s stuff, but the advice will be a good source.

great advice cheers john, having a look now!