The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A rare one for sale.
This popped up on Facebook today http://www.juricastricum.nl/…/austin-7-type-65-eb-nippy-19…/
(01-02-2018, 09:37 PM)Phil Kingdom Wrote: This popped up on Facebook today http://www.juricastricum.nl/…/austin-7-type-65-eb-nippy-19…/

Phil - its been up for a long time now. He's sent me some pictures of what's left to be done, so if anyone is interested, shout. It's almost cracking value, bearing in mind its got an original crankcase and was running well (in France) before it got ripped apart.. Smile
Was this the one with wheel mounted in the boot Jon?
yup...
That's a sad one,

I was offered this car a long while ago.

The car looked in good condition when on the road, 

but now it's stripped down.

I take it the owner has been given the bill to rebuild the body, And has realised it's going to cost 3 times what the car is worth when finished.

If I remember right, the last time I spoke to keith roach around 8 years ago. A new body for this car would be £18,000 and he wasn't really interested in making them?

So it will either take a good body worker willing to take a big loss on the build, or its a scrapper to supply parts for other type 65s.

Very sad.

Tony.
Shame it has had some dodgy repair work done on it already that will make it harder to restore correctly, but otherwise it would have been straightforward to someone with a few skills. It is probably still not lost if the right person gets hold of it, would be a crime if it were broken up!
Black Art Enthusiast
(02-02-2018, 12:25 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: Shame it has had some dodgy repair work done on it already that will make it harder to restore correctly, but otherwise it would have been straightforward to someone with a few skills. It is probably still not lost if the right person gets hold of it, would be a crime if it were broken up!

I could build the aluminium body for very little outlay. But costwise that's not the end of the story. I have never gone into classic/vintage cars as an investment or a means of making a quick buck but everything I do is tempered by balancing cost against what it might sell for when finished. So does anyone have any ideas on what might be a reasonable buying price for this car and what it might be worth when restored? 

Thank you

John
Here are some better pics of what's left to do. And a pic from an ad a couple of years ago. It's got a proper crankcase engine, although even thought its running, its ironic that to protect that "investment" it might be that you need to rebuild with a Phoenix!
I notice they have reduced the price recently...  Big Grin

Some nice Nippies have gone for 18+ over the last few years. There is an original LHD Nippy - without original engine - in restoration condition around for sale presently - lots of photos on the archive website link below. I thought that was offers over 8...  Similar resto Nippies on ebay with bits missing have been 6 or 7 minimum. I note a 65 (well actually Arrow) steering wheel went on ebay last week for over 500 quid. Ouch.

SaveSave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Austin Seven type EB65 (3)_1.jpg (Size: 299.22 KB / Downloads: 200)
Hi john,

Price is always difficult, ask 100 people they will all give different values on the same car.

Personally, I value a newly rebuilt car higher. As long as it's done properly, then everything has a new lease of life. We're as a 3/4 warn out car is exactly that.

Before the car was stripped, 3/4 warn out. I'd value it at £9,000. The owner probably valued it at £12,000 to £15,000

If restored correctly, I meen the hole car. Not just the body. I would value it at £18,000 to £20,000

But do remember, we live in the tight a R s e would of the austin 7. Most buyers will look at it as the same car worth £12,000 to £15,000 and want to part with £10k

I was watching American pickers yesterday, and I did like it when they pointed out its always easier to buy than it is to sell?

As the 65 stands, it needs to be £6k. Tops. The silly thing is it's probably worth £10k in bits.

Tony.
(03-02-2018, 07:08 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Hi john,

Price is always difficult, ask 100 people they will all give different values on the same car.

Personally, I value a newly rebuilt car higher. As long as it's done properly, then everything has a new lease of life. We're as a 3/4 warn out car is exactly that.

Before the car was stripped, 3/4 warn out. I'd value it at £9,000. The owner probably valued it at £12,000 to £15,000

If restored correctly, I meen the hole car. Not just the body. I would value it at £18,000 to £20,000

But do remember, we live in the tight a R s e would of the austin 7. Most buyers will look at it as the same car worth £12,000 to £15,000 and want to part with £10k

I was watching American pickers yesterday, and I did like it when they pointed out its always easier to buy than it is to sell?

As the 65 stands, it needs to be £6k. Tops. The silly thing is it's probably worth £10k in bits.

Tony.

Thank you Jon for the photos and Tony for your take on it. Current conversion rate puts the selling price at £10k and that's without transport cost to the UK. It just isn't viable, for me at any rate, for that price. It's sad that it's been pulled apart and left in the state it is and it will be even sadder if it's broken for parts.

regards

John