The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring diagram - 1930 Mulliner Box Saloon.
"

Firstly, thank you for accepting my request to join!
So, I’ve just acquired my first Austin Seven, quite late in life. I’m familiar with Sixties classics, but this is something that was always on the wish list. The model is as above, half metal, half rexine(?). It is further unusual in that it has ‘suicide’ doors, rear hinged. 
Is there anybody out there with one similar? I have several questions, the first being a request for a wiring diagram. Any assistance would be gratefully  appreciated. Thank you.
Hi

http://www.austin7.org/Data%20Pages/AC%20Tourer%203/
This is a bit earlier, but has the right simple stuff in the right places to get your head around... although yours is coil engine presumably.

So the best place is to go to the Association archive and pick the right handbook, which will have your diagram in, plus every other thing you need...
http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/hand...rts-lists/

How early 1930 is yours?
Hi Jon, thanks for your reply. Should be as you say, be able to get my head round those.
Yes, coil engine, and brakes on front wheels. Registered 07/01/31, so unsure of date of manufacture. One assumes Mulliner would receive several chassis at a time, then build (?).
(03-02-2018, 09:43 AM)Austinsixandahalf Wrote: Hi Jon, thanks for your reply. Should be as you say, be able to get my head round those.
Yes, coil engine, and brakes on front wheels. Registered 07/01/31, so unsure of date of manufacture. One assumes Mulliner would receive several chassis at a time, then build (?).

1930/31 Wiring diagram. Note the wiring of the horn. Many diagrams have this incorrect.

Jim
AustinWood. Thanks very much.
Jim - thanks for pointing out the error in wiring the horn which is shown on a number of wiring diagrams. This has caused me a number of problems when I have had to point out the error to owners who insist that "but that isn't what the wiring diagram shows". Horns are connected to live via the fuse and dropped to earth through the horn-push.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart