The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Earth !!!!
This is the guy operating the drone!

Attached Files
.jpg   Drone.JPG (Size: 56.42 KB / Downloads: 258)
You can see he has a 360 degree camera on a pole, viewing the shot on his iPhone...unless I’m very much mistaken!

Glad you pulled the shot out of Google I tried and it wouldn’t let me upload the shot.
Yes, a camera on a pole. The software that drives it also paints out the pole (almost) so it's practically invisible.

If you navigate to the Austin 7 Arrow parked at C1: https://goo.gl/maps/xHcFuTsiHdGFm8ar7 you can see he's put the pole on the ground while he looks at his phone, I guess he'ssetting it up. If you look closely you can just see the fuzzed-out line which is the pole.

.png   Beaulieu-1.png (Size: 668.61 KB / Downloads: 246)  
.png   Beaulieu-2.png (Size: 701.09 KB / Downloads: 250)
When they first started this I found three images of my first BSA 4 cylinder trike just outside my house on an early test drive. This was back in 2010 and I had seen the Renault 5 with the stick on top going through the village but hadn't realised I was being photographed until months later when I looked at Google earth and found myself. Of course I wasn't savvy enough to save images from my computer at the time.
Well spotted Ian -  A camera on an "invisible" pole not a drone!  

I saw the guy looking at the phone and wondered what was happening.  Failed to make the connection and recognise what was going on.
(26-06-2022, 03:14 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: When they first started this I found three images of my first BSA 4 cylinder trike just outside my house on an early test drive. This was back in 2010 and I had seen the Renault 5 with the stick on top going through the village but hadn't realised I was being photographed until months later when I looked at Google earth and found myself. Of course I wasn't savvy enough to save images from my computer at the time.

There is an icon at the top that allows you to time travel.
(26-06-2022, 11:11 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(26-06-2022, 03:14 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: When they first started this I found three images of my first BSA 4 cylinder trike just outside my house on an early test drive. This was back in 2010 and I had seen the Renault 5 with the stick on top going through the village but hadn't realised I was being photographed until months later when I looked at Google earth and found myself. Of course I wasn't savvy enough to save images from my computer at the time.

There is an icon at the top that allows you to time travel.

Yes, the date the image was taken is shown in the top left corner, click on it and it lets you select any of the previous ones.  Note that this only works in a web browser, not the Google Earth app.

.jpg   Google-SV-1.jpg (Size: 100.01 KB / Downloads: 146)  
.jpg   Google-SV-2.jpg (Size: 106.24 KB / Downloads: 145)

Some areas get more coverage than others. For some reason, the Google van comes down my little cul-de-sac quite frequently, whereas others nearby haven't been visited for years (even the roads it has to go along to get to me).
Mines there    
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.