The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want a left-hand drive Type 65?
John Hall has just returned from a holiday in the Netherlands, and came across this Type 65 for sale at €22,000. Sounds a bit expensive, but if it's got the original sports engine perhaps not so much. It's still got the correct steering wheel and front axle/radius arms, so there's a chance the engine is original.

Andrew Fallon is, probably, the one to answer this but is this the Type 65 that used to be owned by Arie Roos? The 'Austin of England' badge seems familiar but it's many years since I saw Arie's car so I might have got it wrong. If it is that car I recall it was pretty genuine and, in Arie's ownership, a very good car - Arie is a very experienced and competent motor engineer.

Steve
wasn't that sprayed Kingfisher Blue sort of colour and ex-UK? Or now back in UK rather?

I'd be interested to know where this is listed so can find if its on the Nippy register or not.
More pics here, which shows an original sports engine:

http://www.jansclassicscars.nl/forsale

The wording implies it's a Dutch car from new.
Arie Roest doesn’t know about this particular car but says it looks quite tidy. Arie certainly knows what he’s talking about - he was of enormous help to me when I was restoring my RN, never failing to get critical engineering matters spot on first time round. Indeed, his blue Type 65 has since returned to the UK (lucky new owner).

The car be offered for sale was registered under its current Netherlands number back in 1956, possibly having carried a now obsolete Dutch pre-war registration number till then. Strangely enough, UD-46-73 is no longer known to the RDW (Netherlands Vehicle Registration Authority.

Best to contact the seller for details about this car’s history.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it ends up in Germany.
Andrew Fallon
Netherlands
I've emailed asking for details. If we know more, it will spread the word more too...