The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patent Plate Minutiae
wow. They may still have the templates in their archive then, Hugh...
My experience of reproduction plates is that they appear to be manufactured using some sort of 'silk screen' process, so therefore have no 'texture' to them . Identifying them against an original is easy. Look at my example that was on my car at the beginning of this thread...

Edit to add: And they appear to be black not brown as a background colour...
1931 plate variant differences:

double line of " " for Patent No [single line of "]
no full stop on title [full stop on title]
line for 200907: full stop to the right of the brackets [in front of brackets]
smaller Austin Motor Co. signature, right of centre [larger, coming further to left of centre]

can anyone find more?!
Has anyone looked up the two bonnet hinge patents? I would have thought hinges were well establishedat least by the days of armour.
Nothing to stop you looking them up Bob and reporting what you find...

OK, so the collection of images I have so far is as follows:

1925, 27, 28, 29, 31 (two differing originals) early 32, 33, 37 and *still* the one that no one has yet been able to date (as shown in the first post in this thread). I would be really happy if people could add images from the missing years or be able to match the unknown one (which I am expecting to be a very late version). Any help is much appreciated...
*bump* - I'd be a little surprised if Forum members couldn't help me fill in the blanks. I would rather do it here than on Facebook, though that is an option...

thanks

Hugh
Slightly off thread, but I’d like to know if the Austin factory supplied Coach builders
Chassis plate varied as well. I’d like a repro one for the AllAlloyCup, in Aluminium if possible?
Still jealous of the Cup owner with a polished alloy Radiatir cowl!

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Perhaps you could start a new topic on that, Bill, so as to prevent thread drift on this one. Thanks...
(19-05-2022, 11:37 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: *bump* - I'd be a little surprised if Forum members couldn't help me fill in the blanks. I would rather do it here than on Facebook, though that is an option...

thanks

Hugh

I'm trying to get access to photograph one on a late 1926 to check. Why don't you put out to FB too just because there are far more browsers and its easier to get photos out of people there? Is there anything in Rinsey Mills for the early cars or late?
late '26 build, in original holes and over original paint... possibly with original rivets from the overlying paint on either side of the panel. [Click on it for the right way round]