The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
19 inch tyre preference please
I stand corrected (and will tell my informant..)
To illustrate the difference on a car. Blockleys on the hind legs, Longstone on the front. Cheng Shin on the spare.

The Blockleys look a little lower profile, though I have never measured them. There are more blocks, closer together than the Longstones.

I believe Cheng Shin now unobtanium? not that I want any.

.jpg   tyres.jpg (Size: 181.33 KB / Downloads: 444)
I was being advised to go for Longstones prior to posting, and they seem to be the tyre of many, so Longstones it will no doubt end up being.

Many thanks.

Arthur
I have switched from Avons to Bockley recently. The handling has improved and i prefer the vintage look. But they are getting quite warm on faster runs so i am expecting them to wear out faster. Maybe only 5 years rather than 20 years of use.
(01-03-2022, 09:23 PM)Peter Hales Wrote: Maybe only 5 years rather than 20 years of use.
That about sums it up, doesnt it? And slightly better handling versus 'Fit and forget'...
Hugh, I believe the other brand of tyres that shares the same moulds in Taiwan with Blockley is the USA brand Excelsior and not Longstone.
Arthur, I have Longstones. They look the part and are easy to fit if you leave them in an airing cupboard or similar. The sidewalls are much softer than the Avons and if you do it right they can be walked on without levers.
(02-03-2022, 11:45 AM)Tony Johns Wrote: Hugh, I believe the other brand of tyres that shares the same moulds in Taiwan with Blockley is the USA brand Excelsior and not Longstone.

Ah, perhaps the root of my pal's error - thanks Tony...
Having tried all three my preference is Longstone's.
When I fitted longstone tyres to my RP the ride and handling and steering was much improved so much sothat over a year I replaced all the tyres on my other sevens with them.

They look OK too. 

I do suspect that they will not last as long as Avons but the ride is much better.

Personally did not like Blockley too soft and do not look quite right.
I always fit Longstone tyres to all my cars and am very pleased with them.