The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWB chassis crossmember front body supports
I've just got the old Gould EA rep body onto the 29 chassis for a first time. This was originally a Mulliner, and the single body support (3 rivets onto front face of crossmember either side of gearbox) that remains is rivetted and sits/folds forward for its horizontal joining area. 
I've had a look online some others seem to face backward; another Chummy faces forward.
Can anyone explain whether there are differences across SWB models?
I can see from the EA plans that they are forward as well, so perhaps it's just specials which have been adapted.
Jon, on my Pettit(Compound Curvatures) Ulster Rep, the supports on either side of the g/b were missing. So I obtained a pair of the angled supports and found that the body is slightly to the rear of what a genuine EA Sports would be. The trick is to turn them around so that the body part of the support faces to the rear of the car. My car is a SWB, 1930 chassis. You'll also need the angled supports which rivet into the floor of the body.

Erich in Mukilteo
(28-02-2022, 03:35 PM)JonE Wrote: I've just got the old Gould EA rep body onto the 29 chassis for a first time. This was originally a Mulliner, and the single body support (3 rivets onto front face of crossmember either side of gearbox) that remains is rivetted and sits/folds forward for its horizontal joining area. 
I've had a look online some others seem to face backward; another Chummy faces forward.
Can anyone explain whether there are differences across SWB models?
I can see from the EA plans that they are forward as well, so perhaps it's just specials which have been adapted.

I would be interested to know what type of Mulliner body your car once carried and if there are any photos or bodywork remains...
Thanks
MHT
Jon, in a vintage seven they always sit pointing forward. 

Pointing backwards I believe came in with the 4 speed box in 1932 and the RP etc.