The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art for the workshop !
I have a fine example of Cubism!    
I recall an old auction catalogue that listed a 'Queen Anne commode with contemporary stool.'
Wow, references to  Michelangelo, Anthony Caro, Picasso, It's a shame Brian Sewell is no longer with us, we'll have the get Will Gompertz or Andrew Graham-Dixon to interpret these wonderful pieces of art for other devotees.

For myself, I'd reluctantly part with my workshop's gantry crane for the same £2.54M that Tracey Emins unmade bed fetched at auction a while ago. My gantry crane took me a day to fabricate, a few hours to paint, and a couple of scary hours to rig, so it does have a lot of 'artistic' input.

[Image: 50579394632_72493bed89_z.jpg]
(28-02-2022, 11:20 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: I have a fine example of Cubism!
I recall an old auction catalogue that listed a 'Queen Anne commode with contemporary stool.'

Picasso's Blue period, no doubt.
(28-02-2022, 10:34 AM)David Stepney Wrote: It appears that the American artist and photographer Freddy Fabris has has recreated a whole series of famous renaissance paintings in a similar vein. 00All of them are quite stunning!

Look at "Michelangel-O-Ring at www.cnet.com"

My workshop is currently a work of art in the style of Tracy Emin's Unmade Bed!

Thank you David, I tried a reverse image search but my Google-Fu is obviously inferior to yours...
With regards to my own workshop it currently resembles Steptoe & Sons facility, I am having a long delayed declutter.
I did a simple Google search for Michelangelo O ring and it came up, brilliant photography!
Momentoes, posters, key ring collection, tools, parts and a lot of junk. 50+ years of an obsession. But what else would you do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is that the ecological version of the 2CV engine? It's very green...
Hi Peter S
Do you survive without a lathe?
Yesterday I took some photos of the "art" in my workhop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Finest Lidl's Green. Spare engine built up. 2CV is the closest modern thing to a 7. Light, all comes apart ( sometimes by its self) All mechanicals fixed to the chassis, ideal for a special and every sub component I used to be able to lift. An absolute hoot to drive anywhere. Pete

Always wish I had a lathe there are so many things I could have used one for. But the opportunity and funds were never in the same place. Pete