The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
non-7. Satchels spreading...
Just as we thought they were dying down...
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/f...n/super-3/
Personally I think they've lost the plot. The previous 3 wheeler with the V twin was the dog's nuts for me, but this one just looks naff. The "barge boards" have something to do with the cooling for the engine but IMO they just look silly. I won't be putting my name down for one, particularly in view of the silly price.
The earlier model is sold out, apparently.
The simple, clean lines of the original have been lost, this looks like an amateur home build to me...nevertheless fun to drive, no doubt and aimed squarely at the European market.
My thoughts echo Recker's comments exactly.
I somehow thought that there was a tacit agreement not to mention this. A couple of people send me access to the company’s bog site, oops, web site, and said not to speak about it. It is an orgy of naffness and turbo bling, that had it emerged in a few weeks time, might have been suspected as being April Fools day joke. There is every chance that as with the previous five speed, nothing like the number of test cars and big test mileages have been put together. The stills are embarrassing, deck chair to sit in by a log fire watching your Morgan on a beach? Anyone recognise the beaches, certainly not Pendine and almost certainly not Black Rock Sands. Then there is the voice over and the text, enhancement, experience, opportunity, aaargh. Never mind, Lomaxes and  Grinalls have doubled in value in the last three days. Quick, back to the workshop and experiencing engine assembly opportunities in the workbench context using valued history based artisan hand tools and period based skill sets……
Satchels aside - I think it looks brilliant and a whole lot of fun. But at £40+k it's too rich for my blood.
There has been quite a bit of discussion of this thing on the Pembleton website. I've seen the publicity and a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1S3IupB...=1&t=1902s

which to be frank, I found embarrassing to watch and listen to. A triumph of "design" over practicality.
An interesting use of a monocoque/cast subframe construction but you don't get to see the details except for the marketing bling/trash, well really!
Not a lid lifted to show engine or the lack of storage in the boot.
Still, despite the outboard luggage facilities, it's got a cup-holder so that's all right then
Duncan, you had been warned!
The satchels aren't even the worst bit. What a dismal thing, and a real heavy beast for a 3 wheeler at 635kg. Appalling 40mpg, hideous styling and for 40K you can strap your belongings to the side so they can get covered in rain and road dirt. To add insult to injury the cup holder sets you back an extra £145.  

May I suggest the best optional extra would be getting his and hers matching helmets painted in "Bell End Pink", just to be sure not to leave anyone in doubt.
(25-02-2022, 08:13 PM)TomHunt Wrote: May I suggest the best optional extra would be getting his and hers matching helmets painted in "Bell End Pink", just to be sure not to leave anyone in doubt.

That comment just won the Internet tonight Tom - I applaud you sir!