The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I have tried to keep as many original features as possible"
These cars tickle me. Particularly the reaction in some circles. 

The chances are the guy has simply used a left over RN body that someone has taken off what would probably have been a viable restoration project to make a special, or another pretend Ulster. The bodies come up often for sale, and generally cheap as chips. 

Its not that unlikely that someone on here may well have the very car and are currently enjoying open top motoring in it. It could be off the chassis I've just bought to build a tractor out of. 

I bought such a body, never did do much with it and sold it to Duncan. Who knows could be this one?.

As for registration numbers and the DVLA. Let me tell you they know nothing about cars or car registration. So long as the numbers stamped into a chassis match the numbers on the v5c they are as happy as. Same goes for recovering numbers. Pre 1988 documentary evidence linking the number stamped in the chassis (or plate) to a registration. If you have it youll get it. If you havnt, you wont. Quite simple, its just a tick box excercise. Nothing at all complicated or hard to understand.

The plethora of 'vauge' V5s out there helps the hot rod builder to a huge degree.

I recovered a number for a 1906 steam engine not so long ago. It had been in a museum for 30years. I had the neccassary paperwork, all the numbers matched. No mickey taking, its straight up what I said it was. Filled the forms, blah blah blah. Happy days, got the number, V5c in the post to the owner etc. Then the imbeciles sent a letter wanting back 'tax' to 1906!. 

I can tell you the letter I returned (cc to the secetary of State) drew their competence into serious question, given that vehicles such as this were not required to be regiatered until 1921, indeed it was the date of first registration I had specified in the documents provided. Imbeciles
The body I bought from you Hedd went to a local collector who seems to have Ulsters and oids coming out of his ears! I'm sure it's in a good home and unless I'm much mistaken it would never end up like that!
However, as you say, it's better on a car than in a skip...
(25-02-2022, 12:50 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: As above, this thing is registered as a 1933 Austin 10, 1125cc. If you wonder why the DVLA tightened up and made life more difficult for genuine people looking to register genuine cars then look no further. Cars such as this do us no good at all never mind the outcry if some under engineered component was to fail at speed and it mowed down the proverbial bus queue.

Steve

That's why I never join a bus queue, the risk is just too great. As a journalist said in a 1955 Autocar magazine, "I'd rather cycle than take public transport...."

Attached Files
.jpg   rain.jpg (Size: 97.94 KB / Downloads: 185)
Well, I can't imagine anyone's going to buy it thinking it's an original A7 or A10 for that matter. Not my cup of tea, but it's not as if any of these people are cutting up a Bugatti Royale or something truly rare. Even if they did start with a whole car, the vintage mechanicals will find their way onto the market to be used by people who value originality. Apropos of nothing, here's an interesting 'halfway house' hotrod that I snapped late last year. Does appear to have at least some A7 chassis, but with the rails splayed such that MGB mechanicals could be fitted, including narrowed MG front and rear axles/steering gear.

[Image: 51908031605_cea6825dcd_z.jpg]
Actually, I quite like that!

I’d better get my coat...
You must be very easily pleased! Big Grin