The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Photos
Hi,

I was going through some old photos and came across these which were given to me by someone I knew through work around 30 years ago.   He had a photo album which he believed had belonged to his uncle who was a sales agent for one of the car manufacturers back in the 1930's and got these two images copied for me.

Whilst they certainly look period I was skeptical about the number plate on the car in the pits which looks too modern to me.

Anyway, if anyone has any comments I'd be very interested.

John.

John,

1929 Double Twelve. The Bugatti is the ex John Field Type 43 that caught fire at Phoenix Park.

Search for the number on Austin Harris' website to see this and other photos of the car.

Thanks yet again, Austin!

Come to think of it, John, the rear number plate might well look a bit new. Perhaps it was replaced after the Irish fire.

Regards,

Stuart
In NZ in 1929, even at a race track, would likely include many real cars; Buicks, Hudson, Chrysler, Graham Paige, Olsosmobile, Studebaker etc.  And in the peasant park model As, Chevs, Essex, Plymouth Austins.... and the inevitable Ts.