The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blown Engine Question
Seems Bert Hadley has some fun in his blown Ruby overtaking Alvis's and the like - their owners not being able to believe their eyes and having apoplectic fits, no doubt? Said the car was a handful at 80 - spent most of its time off the ground!
Tricycle? What tricycle?
Hi,
The only problem to fitting this in a Ruby might be the Dante Manifold downpipe.
not at all.

it came out of a ruby chassis special. its only the exaust pipe that needed shortening.

ive measured it up for a chummy build, and on a 1927 car there is 1 1/2inches  between the highest point (the carb) and the bonet.

tony
(17-02-2022, 08:04 PM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi,
The only problem to fitting this in a Ruby might be the Dante Manifold downpipe.

I have a similar exhaust manifold on the Pearl, as Tony says, you simply shorten the down pipe.

This engine in stock Ruby would be superb, do it!
But could be a slippery slope?  (ebay again)    
I think we should be told exactly what the tricycle is. Glimpses are not quite enough to identify and date. At first glance looks like a kid’s machine. Certainly looks as if ascending Shelsley on it would take even longer than the second, and last time I pedalled up. It was less than ten minutes. How much less I am not prepared to say.
Years ago, signing on for VSCC Shelsley was in the top paddock. Not a problem if you were 25, but I remember Bunty Scott Moncrief being less than well impressed.
Alan Fairless
Hi Tony,
I was not sure if the inner flitch panel would be a problem on a Ruby which was why I commented.