The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Warp Fabric Saloon
Agreed, it's a lovely car... for someone else to own!
(08-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The car is delightful but has the same issues as other examples like the Fred Dash Cup Model, for example, what on Earth do you do with it?

The most important thing to have is the photos, very useful indeed.

I've also stored the pictures away on my remote drives and backuped online, too.
Very sensible, thank you Tony.
(08-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The car is delightful but has the same issues as other examples like the Fred Dash Cup Model, for example, what on Earth do you do with it?

I would stick it in the corner of my livingroom, and look at that rather than the TV on a sunday evening!
Great idea, I may join you!
I’ve asked and she said no. There is a magneto under the television, - you have to start somewhere.
Alan Fairless
Not something I'd really want because I wouldn't know what I could do with it. Got a magneto in the airing cupboard though and a crank and rods in the wardrobe Blush

Steve
I just impressed Alan has a television, we still have to wait until darkness to watch the neighbours one from their front garden.

Sometimes they even put the subtitles on, which helps.
Is there a university diploma course available on how to write puff pieces on ancient cars? Clearly someone was a star graduate.
A full description of the limitation of fabric bodies which I have not encounterd elsewhwere.
Did not have to be in Spain for old cars  to remain in use. Many here to the late 50s. In my town of 7,000 there was a much patched and modified fabric Seven, 1925 Essex coach, 1926 Chev coach, a T coach, Dodge 4 coach, several 1929ish model As, Plymouths, Chevs, etc a Rugby, Austin 12/4s,  trucked and not.
We had a fabric saloon come to light here in NZ which was in a very similar condition, sadly a "restorer" within the VAR got hold of it, not realising what he had he dismantled it, discovered the work required was way beyond his skills and sold the remains for parts. If he is reading this he must be kicking himself for being such an idiot!
Black Art Enthusiast