The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - January 2022
I think Tony G won that round! Hopefully not all got it. Or worse, just me.

An irksome feature of modern cars (and bicycles) is the rigid seats. I guess it is the cater for the vast weight range of modern persons. My inherited Honda Jazz s tiring on long trips because it bumps like a sports car or commercial. Adjustable springiness seats would improve. Incidentally for any still with air cushions the ideal is just not bottoming out. Over inflate and the sitter rolls about like a ship at sea.
what is the flat topped thing above the N/S (right hand side of photo) end of the numberplate?
I'm not sure what you are seeing, Jon; I think it's either the top of the number-plate itself, or you are seeing the road surface beyond the car (the light/shade matches the shadow line from the o/s front wheel).
yes, complete optical illusion reversed now you have said that - road surface!
It is an unusual photo. How many younger persons today would have ever figured it? I well remember my father going through the routine every now and then and before any long trip. We visited grandparents 200 miles away twice a year.