The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine Ulster floor supports
Hi All,

Happy (almost) New Year. I have a question about the angled floor supports which sit on either side of the gearbox opening. I know that there is a BSF bolt which goes through the floor and attaches to the support which is riveted to the chassis. My question involves the angled supports.How are these attached to the floor or angled bulkhead? I have seen photos of countersunk slotted screws on the bulkhead side and also round head rivets. What was fitted originally? And how many and where? I presume that there were only four on the bulkhead side as on the floor side they would interfere with the chassis support bit. As in other places, the Works used brass semi tubular rivets in such places, would these have been employed? Any help is much appreciated.

Erich in very snowy Mukilteo
(31-12-2021, 12:53 AM)Erich Wrote: Hi All,

Happy (almost) New Year. I have a question about the angled floor supports which sit on either side of the gearbox opening. I know that there is a BSF bolt which goes through the floor and attaches to the support which is riveted to the chassis. My question involves the angled supports.How are these attached to the floor or angled bulkhead? I have seen photos of countersunk slotted screws on the bulkhead side and also round head rivets. What was fitted originally? And how many and where? I presume that there were only four on the bulkhead side as on the floor side they would interfere with the chassis support bit. As in other places, the Works used brass semi tubular rivets in such places, would these have been employed? Any help is much appreciated.

Erich in very snowy Mukilteo

This is the (cut down) front floor from body 175, B4-9660.

Thank you Henry. What is curious, is that the rivets on the floor(not the angled firewall bit) must have been outside the where the chassis supports connect with the floor. Otherwise, the rivets would prevent the chassis supports from properly supporting the floor. The vertical part of the firewall is curious as it appears to be a reversed bit as the slot would appear to have been from a pedal, such as the throttle pedal.

Erich in Mukilteo
Was there evidence of a wooden spacer or some sort of padding when it was removed, Henry? (referencing Erich's first point about the rivets contact)
Can I please add those photos to Ulster archive please as a new post? That forms the basis of bringing together more images of original unmessed panels... even if they have been partially amended, as you note.