The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush-on electrical tape
I've just discovered this - any comments, or a user's experience?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Plasti-Dip-El...C72&sr=8-7

Attached Files
.jpg   liquidtape.jpg (Size: 80.88 KB / Downloads: 396)
Love it! I use it quite regularly, especially for the harness on the car where I can't get a shrink wrap tube on it. Am also experimenting with discrete repairs to cracked interior vinyl panels.
Seems a good enough idea. Does it come off easily?
Hi

I used to specify this for those odd installations we did at work where it was difficult/impossible to use heatshrink. For example connectors and cables that you don't want to undo, or where the diameter varies over a wide range. Not especially prettty, but did the job.
Thank you for the comments. It does look to be very good ideal for those hard-to-reach and awkward jobs.
I have seen this on U tube when watching commercial Auto workshops (Garages to me and you) and it is widely used particularly if they have pierced the insulation on a wire for testing circuits. But I am not sure if ir is the same manufacturer.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi
Plastidip has been around a long time.
It is used in the marine industry for sealing wire terminals in a damp humid enviroment.