The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Paint Colour 1928
Hi All and Happy Christmas.....

Is there a resource that might hold the details of the original paint colour of our September 1928 Chummy?

All the best, Winston
do you have any fragments to guide you, as your new car spec isn't available for 1928 cars as the index cards are missing.
Have you looked in the Association archive for the brochures which will have the ranges....?
Your best bet is to look in areas that don't usually get disturbed - under the windscreen frame in a good place to start, or behind the hood pivots or door hinges, or maybe under the alloy trim on the door tops.
Winston,
In the absence of our Archivist who's on his way to the US, the Archives hold colour charts but which may not be totally accurate. I suggest you contact Craftmaster Paints. I'm sure they will be able to assist.
I found original russet colour under the fuel tank of the AG....too late ....it was by then a handsome dark blue!
their Austin colours are based on 1936 and 1939 cards though....

I didn't realise that there are no references to colours in the pre-1929 brochures held in the archive.
There must be something somewhere though, as aren't they listed in Rinsey Mills?
Hi, thanks for the responses so far. I was really angling for some chassis reference birth certificate kind of thing. I will do some careful un-picking. I'm not welded to the original colour, nor an original colour. It may become a different colour, but it will be one we like! W
(23-12-2021, 08:54 PM)JonE Wrote: their Austin colours are based on 1936 and 1939 cards though....

I didn't realise that there are no references to colours in the pre-1929 brochures held in the archive.
There must be something somewhere though, as aren't they listed in Rinsey Mills?

I believe the usual reference was that cars could be ordered in any standard Austin colour, although I don't recall ever seeing a list of such colours. I think the RP/AH/PD range was the first to have specific colours quoted for specific models.