The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fuel sender for 37 Ruby
I am refitting another fuel sender but will need to replace the screws and seal. What size are the thread and length are the 6 screws and what type of seal should be fitted. Many thanks.
Cork gasket available on eBay, I used Meccano screws
(21-12-2021, 05:42 PM)Nigel Ricardo Wrote: Cork gasket available on eBay, I used Meccano screws

Which is 5/32 BSW.
Thank you for your advice.
I thought that the screws were 3BA?
As above I've always used Meccano screws. 5/32 BSW

Some classic parts suppliers sell 5/32 UNC for this purpise. Same tpi, different thread form, but near enough.
(23-12-2021, 10:22 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: I thought that the screws were 3BA?

The difference between 3BA and 5/32" BSW is quite small. I always thought these screws were 3BA but the topic was explored at length on the old forum I think and the consensus was 5/32" BSW.
I'm not sure how widely used BA threads were pre-war, they tended to become more common after the unified threads were introduced, post war, when 2BA and 4BA seemed to predominate.
I have just received the pack of 5/32 screws which fit . They are too long but can easily be cut to size. I have ordered the gasket which is the same as the ones used on Land Rover fuel tank and other vehicles. I purchased it via an e fly search. Thanks for the advice from the forum.
(24-12-2021, 12:23 PM)Parazine Wrote: I'm not sure how widely used BA threads were pre-war, they tended to become more common after the unified threads were introduced, post war, when 2BA and 4BA seemed to predominate.

As far as I know, 2BA & 4BA were used in the  1920s & 1930s for electrical equipment and for attaching instruments to metal dashboards.