The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new engine is installed
Well the engine is finally done and and has been placed in the chassis. I say "placed" because some minor issues regarding interference with the inner edges of the front frame haveĀ  made themselves known.

I will cover these issues in a separate post, but in the mean time I just wanted to show you the engine in all of its glory.

Cheers,
Stephen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Beautiful.

What paint have you used on the head and exhaust?

Steve
Steve the paint is standard automotive Glasurite over a primer. How long it will last is anyone's guess, but it a least looks good to begin with.

Stephen
looks really good, lets see it after a JoGLE run Smile
Lovely job! I want it to be dirty though!
Steve, that is an unusual tappet chest cover. Any info you can share?
Indeed, with a downwards facing oil discharge pipe from the complicated casting.
Nick and Steve:
the side cover is the original that I modified to improve the crankcase ventilation. The square box is fabricated from brass plate and a "S tube" from an unknown donor source is soldered on the end. Another tube the same diameter has been made to connect to the brass tube to allow the fumes to discharge under the "bell housing".

Where I work we service a lot of old British sports cars and many suffer from bad oils leaks which has been traced to poor crankcase ventilation which we fix by going back to "road drafting" and improving the crankcase ventilation.

I reasoned that it would be a good upgrade for this engineĀ  to keep oil leaks to a minimum. I guess we will see. The holes in the side cover are ridiculously small to allow sufficient breathing in my opinion which is why I decided to try and improve the situation.
Stephen