The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 stuff and things
I had a phone call yesterday from my son who told me an A7 was broken down in Warwick. With nothing better to do I took the Modern to find a1933 saloon had run out if sparks at a three way set of lights which also had temporary lights controlling them. The result was chaos and in the middle of it all.....
The driver had fitted electronic ignition which had failed so he refitted the coil and dizzy only to find a distinct lack of sparks, so we pushed the car over to my modern and hooked up a tow rope and I pulled him home. This might be a timely reminder that we should update the A7 Breakdown list of helpful people  area by area.
On another topic, on a recent clear out I found an original cast 750 MotorClub lapel badge (made by Birminham Badge and Button Co.) if anyone would like it get in touch.
A real good Samaritan, and you are quite right the breakdown register could do to be updated.
I keep reading about these electronic ignition installations going bad. I do hope I don't have that problem with the CSI electronic distributor I have bought for the car I am currently restoring. Cost a fortune.
My own car, which, as many people on this forum will be aware, gets a lot of use, has the standard points and condenser fitted. In over 15K miles It has proved entirely reliable.
As a newish forum memer...What is the Breakdown register and where is it? An update might be very useful when many (hundreds) of us are making our way to Moreton in Marsh next year.

Ian
The Breakdown Register was an A5-sized booklet produced by the A7CA, I'd guess about 25 years ago. It's very out of date now though. Any volunteers want to produce a new one?
Ah, Thanks David. I fear the UK GDP regulations would make this task much more difficult than it would have been 25 years ago, with a risk of unintentionally falling foul of the law. On the other hand the increased use of electronic information exchange including e-mail and mobile phones will have made some aspects easier. 

I am assuming the register contained contact details of individuals...not (just) businesses.

Ian
This register is made up entirely of volunteers from the A7 community and they will have given permission for their details to be shared in the publication.

I suspect the need for it has partly diminished due to the excellent breakdown scheme RH now provides.
You on commission now Ruairidh ? ;-)
Not that I am aware of - will let you know...