The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sort of car-related Christmas quiz..
In the photograph is something car related and rather interesting. There are only two others in the world. Can you discover what it is?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

seems like a roof top test track - I know the Fiat one but after that feel like I am on the wrong side of the ocean to provide more information.
It appears to be a banked track, Europe in winter by the looks. Possibly crosses over a river to the left, I guess Heidelberg from the factory LAMY sign, although I can't find any references.
It's the old Imperia Factory at Nessenvaux in Belgium where some of the 1900 Alfas were assembled. the banked track was the test route. The other roof top test route was on top of the old Fiat Factory in Turin - featured in the Italian Job

A Christmas Quiz is a brilliant idea Tony

Aye 
Greig

.jpg   heritage5.jpg (Size: 162.84 KB / Downloads: 279)
.jpg   DSCN6045.jpg (Size: 57.1 KB / Downloads: 279)
.jpg   imperia_01.jpg (Size: 134.17 KB / Downloads: 279)
.jpg   imperia_02.jpg (Size: 157.22 KB / Downloads: 279)
.jpg   DSCN6040.jpg (Size: 90.95 KB / Downloads: 279)
Well done, Greig. A super set of photographs! I only came across it as I was writing up an article on the Imperia tool and cutter grinder http://www.lathes.co.uk/imperia
I wonder what the lap record was?
What about this one? It’s still there and you can drive around a lot of it.

Alan Fairless
Is that Sitges?
That was quick. Yes it is. Terramar circuit in Sitges near Barcelona. Built pre WW1 and not much used. The banking is amazingly steep - cars used to fall off! There have been lots of plans to reopen it but nothing seems to happen.
Alan Fairless
Well really, I'm amazed that such things existed at all! I'm even more impressed that it was recognised in such short order. Well done that man!
I thought I recognised the road as being the one south of Rouen going parallel to the Loire to Pont d' Arc (but heading north) but I was out by several hundred kilometres.
Looking at the Sitiges banking reminded me when we were on yonder Emerald Isle in 2003 we visited Brooklands and stood on the banking as many of you no doubt have. One of the trains was running just on the other side and the sound & vibration was electrifying, I kept checking that nothing was barreling down the track towards us.

Further to the quiz question asked by Tony, the other two roof top tracks were the Lingotto Fiat Factory in Turin and the Chrysler Palacio in Buenos Aires

As for the lap record, the Imperia drivers set a cracking pace...

Aye
Greig

Attached Files
.jpg   Imperia Automobiles on the Nessenvaux roof top track.jpg (Size: 50.22 KB / Downloads: 101)