The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Axel Leak ('37 Ruby)
Thanks Bob

I’d like to have the confidence to do an axel rebuild myself.

I’ve not had time yet to get back to her to have complete my investigation. I hope to get some time today. Smile  I’ll update as soon as I do. 

Steve
Thanks Bob. I’d like to be able to do all these things. Smile

But. Good news. Both sides are looking good. So question his. How does the forum suggest I tackle this leak. (See the picture when I can attach it)

here goes
A stiff wire brush, rags and degreaser. Totally clean, DRY and a dusting of baby powder will show the actual leak/s. 
Bolts can be refitted using PTFE tape, tab washers will hide the white .The 6 bolt torque tube  may have removable shims, refit exactly as they are positioned . Refill with no more than 350mm of oil. Check your breather on top of torque tube is clear. New fibre washer on the deburred plug. 
Put the hubs back on and drive it.
If the circular case gasket still shows leaking you're in for a bigger job, be aware the gasket thickness determines basic crownwheel adjustment.
I too need to do this work and have been putting it off on a couple of sevens
Is it actually losing a lot of oil or does it just look like it? not so long ago most makes looked like that. i seem to recall there is a path around the torque tube shims....
Thanks I’ll
Take that approach. It’s is losing oil. A lot. It was empty when I started looking at her.  I topped her up with the correct oil (can’t remember what that is right now) and it leaked pretty much all but 100ml back out overnight. Not driven her since.
Where's the drain plug?
I’d just removed it….  Funny. Smile