The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Wilcox Memorial Trial - PWA7C
The Pre War Austin 7 Club are once again organising the Dave Wilcox Memorial Trial
It is on WEDNESDAY 29TH DECEMBER
Location: Lockwell Hill Activity Centre, Farnsfield  (between Newark and Mansfield)

Entry forms and regulations available at "www.pwa7c.co.uk" or from Andy Storer, High House, Kirton Road, Egmanton, Newark NG22 0HF
07970 632874

Catering facilities available on site.  

The go-kart circuit may also be open.

Come and enjoy some fresh air after all the festivities.  Get you entry in now!!
A great venue, enjoyment guaranteed!

Hard to believe that next year 2022 he’s been gone 10 years. Will come up to support this event. Dave did so much for the club and loved trials. Here is a pic of his DustBuster special in action with Barry Mearns at the helm with a young Andy Wilcox as Co pilot. Yes that was a genuine Jem Marsh speedex frame with the nose raised for trials

Entries are coming in well.
Closing date is this Friday - Dec17th.
Get your entry in now!

Volunteers to Marshal, both experienced and novices, would be very welcome.

Graham Beckett
It was very wet this morning, and unfortunately I couldn't stay for the afternoon's activities, when it looks like the weather brightened considerably; added to which, I managed to get water in the camera, so my pics are not of the best!

Still, here's a few to give you a flavour of the event:

It was good to see so many youngsters taking part, both competing and marshalling; well done all!
Couldn't agree more, Mike (and I was very impressed with your Lancia). It was tremedous to see so many young people out trialling, many of them on their first trial. That meant that at the start, most of them didn't know each other. By half way they were swapping stories, giving each other advice and generally helping each other. By the end they seemed to be firm friends and all looking forward to the next time. For us old farts, it was equally good as, whilst many of us have known each other from before the youngsters were born, it was an opportunity to catch up given that most of us hadn't seen each other for a couple of years. Just a super day out. From a personal point of view, it was great to see the two young drivers of my Trials Chummy do so well on a trial that was a first event for both of them despite the fact that I'd agreed to sell it to its new owner half way through the lunch break Cool .

Steve
As a new person to Austin 7s and with an interest in trials, someone on this forum advised that this event would be a good chance to see if the PWA7C was for me.  I went along today and really enjoyed it.  It was great to see so many young people involved and hopefully it will encourage my 17 year old daughter to have a go. Everyone I spoke to was helpful and encouraging and I have decided on a few "modifications" to my car that will be required before I have a go, but hopefully next year I'll be part of the action, rather than an appreciative spectator.

PS and as a past owner of a Fulvia and Flavia, I was also very impressed with the early Appia Mike!
What is the interesting car reg. DF3877 driving away from the camera in Mike's third picture? I rather like that tail!
(30-12-2021, 11:01 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: What is the interesting car reg. DF3877 driving away from the camera in Mike's third picture? I rather like that tail!

One of Chris Hudson's many Sevens this time driven by his Grandson, George, on his first trial. Body is very light and fabric on a timber frame. The car was, I seem to remember, once owned by Willie Sellars. Been around the VSCC world for many years.

Steve
Another view of DF 3877 taken on a previous D W Trial ( 2015):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)