The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looking to contact David Cochrane
I had a notification that my parcel of tinplate was "out for delivery" today but still no show...
To quote a famous ornithological sketch
Excuse me Miss
What d'you mean Miss
I'm sorry I have a cold
Oh, all right then
Right, I wish to register a complaint
Sorry we're closed
An anorak writes, Post Office was made into a PLC in 2000, but all the shares were held by the government. For a brief period the operation was given a new name, Consiglia. As this sounded like a cross between a character in a Godfather movie and a Frank Zappa track, it rapidly was seen not to be a good idea, and was hastily abandoned.
I don’t know what the situation is elsewhere, but I have no need to queue at the Post Office, the postman picks up the parcels as well as delivering them and you can book the pick up on line.
Another anorak replies, I think it was Consignia, more like consignment than councillor. It only cost a couple of million quid or so to re-design the letterhead and logos IIRC
Recently had confirmation that a pair of Ruby lamps had been delivered to Cape Town - only taken two years !!!
I've been sent a photo of a suitably flat-looking package, supposedly delivered yesterday. I bet they waited to see me drive off towards home before sneaking in and leaving it! Fingers crossed that there isn't a dirty great tyre-tread mark on the back!
Fortunately I have sheet-rolls and was taught to always "break" tinplate sheets with a couple of passes through them...probably a redundant instruction these days.
Duncan, having read your note of 25-11-2021, I failed to congratulate you on your suitably arcane Wagner reference.
Ah well, pearls before swine etc. ;-) At least you did notice it, thanks.
Perhaps we could ask admin to retitle this thread again? 

I once sent a parcel to the design genius behind the water ski specials using Hermes. It became so farcical in the end that I vowed never to use them again. So far I have had two parcels delivered by Hermes that arrived so battered, you could only think it was deliberate... but one day I saw two white (unknown) courier vans sorting parcels literally chucking them out the back onto the car park... so perhaps i was being unkind suggesting it was deliberate.  Maybe they were both trained that way and not completely incapable of reasoned thought.

I only use Royal Mail now.

And this doesn't give me any confidence either... 100% genuine photograph of my stepson posted by a friend on Facebook... 

.jpg   Screenshot_20211127-140354_Facebook.jpg (Size: 132.79 KB / Downloads: 159)
i have a parcel out to a customer with DHL, it was sent 28.10.2021 YES A MONTH AGO.

as my phone number was on the parcel, i was colled by the delivery man. when it was trying to be delivered. "he couldnt find the delivery address because he was a new driver".

since then it has sat at the middleton holding center.

enery day it is scanned into holding bay CA.

ive done everything to get it delivered. they have an accurate delivery address, the satnav will take them to the gate. and they have the delivery phone number.

ive threatend that the leicester mercury is prepared to take the story up.

im wondering if my next step is to threaten to BOMB there delivery centre. anything to get the parcel delivered.

the parcel owes me around £80.00 and i have spent 4 hours so far trying to sort this out.

most engine builders on this forum charge £25 to £30 an hour for there labours.

so if im counting my time, that means im in for £100 of labour so far.

WANT TO KNOW WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE CLAIMING SICIAL BENEFITS.