The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looking to contact David Cochrane
(23-11-2021, 06:53 PM)jansen Wrote: Oh, and I wish people wouldn't put just someone's name alone in the subject of posts. Usually that indicates they are no longer with us and I got a shock when I saw David's name here!

Simon

Exactly. I thought the same. I first saw this thread mid day Sunday but given the first post was on Saturday afternoon at 4.43pm and I'd been with him at Prescott maybe 30 minutes or so before then I really did start to wonder Confused

Steve
Can one of the Admin/Moderators modify the title of the threat then, to say something like "Looking to contact Dave Cochrane"
Well done stuart.

When I first had EU postage problems, it all came from Germany, france, and Spain.

But is that any surprise, as that's the order of rule in the EU.

It's sad when you have to be a paid up member of a club, before you are allowed to get on with the other members?

tony.
It’s even more of a shame that we used to be members and enjoyed all the benefits but now we’ve left the club we expect all the benefits of membership … a bit like cancelling your AA membership but expecting them to rescue you when you break down?
(23-11-2021, 08:45 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Can one of the Admin/Moderators modify the title of the threat then, to say something like "Looking to contact Dave Cochrane"

Please - remove the worrying connotation  Rolleyes Rolleyes
(24-11-2021, 12:05 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: It’s even more of a shame that we used to be members and enjoyed all the benefits but now we’ve left the club we expect all the benefits of membership … a bit like cancelling your AA membership but expecting them to rescue you when you break down?
It was a very expensive club to be a member of though,even more than the VSCC.At least the VSCC have to present accounts to show where the memberships subs have been spent.
Gosh, this is close to being out of order. Changing the title was a good idea, particularly as Mr Cochrane was much seen on Saturday. Brexit is perhaps interesting. Not a single farmer in the Marches voted in favour, they knew it was going to be a disaster. It was naughty boys who went around putting those Brexit and UKIP stickers in the windows of the Landies and livestock trucks, certainly not us, good lord no. As for what the accounts of a certain club that welcomes TR2s, Swallow Dorretis and DB2s, but whose senior members can be publicly rude about Rubies, F type Morgan’s with competition history and the sort of Fords to be seen trialing in Donald Cowbourne’s books, what those accounts actualy tell members is a matter now outwith the remit of those of us who have left them to it. Time to put the overalls on and go and work on an Austin Seven. In my opinion splendid machines from 1922 until the very last one left a Longbridge.
And there is the ancient tale of how to get one's car accepted by the VSCC... persuade a committee member to buy one, it works every time apparently!

Those who plan trips to the continent next year will discover the delights of non-membership. Travel documentation nightmares in both directions will prevail!
Thank you for the change of heading  Smile
(23-11-2021, 08:41 PM)Steve Jones Wrote:
(23-11-2021, 06:53 PM)jansen Wrote: Oh, and I wish people wouldn't put just someone's name alone in the subject of posts. Usually that indicates they are no longer with us and I got a shock when I saw David's name here!

Simon

Exactly. I thought the same. I first saw this thread mid day Sunday but given the first post was on Saturday afternoon at 4.43pm and I'd been with him at Prescott maybe 30 minutes or so before then I really did start to wonder Confused

Steve

The last time Ilke checked I was absolutely fine!!!