The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catalyst theft - non Seven
Big Grin 
Cats Protection League is now called Cats Protection.[Image: biggrin.png]
I tack welded a length of 8mm black steel bar along the each side the pipework of the new cat on a mate's pickup. That should prevent the use of a circular pipe cutter to remove the cat. In said mate's case, the thieves also took the oxygen sensor in the original theft, the replacement of which bumped up the repair price even more.

IMO, only established vehicle dismantlers should be legally able to weigh in more than one Catalyst at a metal merchant. The metal merchants must know what's going on when one of our 'travelling friends' arrives with a pile of Cats to cash in.
I guess your assumption Stuart is the metal merchants aren't in on it - I think it's organised crime we are talking about.
If someone can weigh in bronze statury and bronze placks from war memorials without comment. Cats would be no problems and
Hi,a few years back the cat on our Skoda split. I bought a cheap aftermarket exhaust complete & took the old cat to weigh it in. £30 with no questions asked. £90 with all relevant details given. ie, car vin, reg no plus my address & sight of my driving licence.