The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Wanted
Hello from a lapsed A7 owner, last one sold about 15 years ago after getting into more modern classics, but have been with A7's since the first Beaulieu back in 1960 whatever, looking to have a final A7 fling by taking one to the Centenary having attended most of the other important A7 events/celebrations over the years.

Preference is for a late Ruby, never having had one and with the naive assumption that by the end of manufacture the brakes might even work, but anything considered.

Fettling not objected to, but I am too old and time is too short to get into massive projects.

Thanks for reading this., and apologies for not posting in "wanted" section!
Stan - what is the interesting car in your little square above? If you are a facebook user there are quite a few listed, or identified elsewhere and listed in, the Two Austin 7 related sales and wants closed groups. There was a nice black late Ruby posted yesterday in Sussex, with someone asking about what he should sell for. Nicely refinished, engine rebuilt, but with the original seats covered in gaffer tape which might keep the price back a bit. You really want something which has been in long and regular use, I presume?
My Austin Ulster rep on the Tholt-y-Will hill climb on the IOM Silver Jubilee Rally in 1977.

As for condition of car required as long as it is running and complete, not too fussed providing it can be used reasonably quickly and not too much of a shed. Will have to look for these facebook sites.
Nigel Snow usually has a few running Sevens at not-outrageous prices, but for that very reason they tend to not stay with him long:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/user/ccts1323