The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
818 YUX where are you?
Yes, Ian. Apart from a little rot in the wheelarches, the Ruby body is in excellent condition, but had been discarded and was at serious risk of being scrapped. It's pretty certain that a good "oily rag" Ruby had been quite recently murdered to build a special.
Mike I agree that is possible but it seems we can only surmise such things, there would have been quite extensive changes needed for some of the OL166 incarnations if still on the same chassis. I also thought that some of the OK registrations also were shifted from car to car, unfortunately all my records and Austin material are still in storage so I am unable to go and check anything at present.

Martin, I personally take my hat off to people who save rather than wreck cars.
Black Art Enthusiast
Well done Martin, another Ruby saved...I’m planning on buying Ulster replicas and restoring them back to what they were originally, but I need to decide a cut off date!

I’ll get me coat...
How are you going to extend the chassis frames back to 6'9" wheelbase?
Ulster Replicas ARE mostly 6'9"! Its the new 6' 3" isn't it? So much.... bigger. What's not to like.

You will be unsurprised to hear that when the Woodie registration document was transferred to its new keeper online a few days ago, the first thing that came up in large red bold type on the screen before I pressed 'send' was "YOU REALISE YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO THIS REGISTRATION PLATE". I reckon they must see mere retention certification as income generation, as new terms are placed on all (two-a-penny) age-relateds. It was a good plate too...
(11-11-2021, 09:41 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: 818 YUX was in Sheffield and advertised for sale in the April 2020 PWA7 club magazine, I think it's original registration number was GX 954.

Sorry Dave, missed your post. I am following up with the PWA7 club. Many thanks.
Adrian