The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here DHA317 Ruby Special ?
Good morning chaps,
Over the weekend someone showed me a photo of DHA317 - fantastic looking conversion anyone know more ?

cheers
Matt

Yes it belongs to Geoff Roe he built it himself 
.jpeg   2694DCD8-5475-45AC-BB5F-072D83FBA0C4.jpeg (Size: 221.54 KB / Downloads: 235)
Yes, it was built by my good pal Geoff Roe.  It has a Ruby chassis, Big 7 axles and an 850cc Reliant OHV engine and gearbox.  The Ruby scuttle and windscreen were mounted with more rake to the screen.  The body was styled around a set of Chris Gould's 'Imp' wings.  The door windows are ex Mini van.  Sunroof is from a Fiat Topolino.  I understand that Geoff has recently fitted a longer legged crown wheel and pinion to make cruising more relaxed.
He's a very talented man, lovely looking car with great proportions.... that then lead me to the Highland Sports Coupe, www.peternaukls.co.uk

well worth a look ...

Thanks for the extra info Malcolm
Geoff has been involved with Austin 7's since the 1950's and as well as being a very skilled and innovative engineer, he is one of the most knowledgeable people around on the subject, especially the minute details!
He built up a close relationship with Bert Hadley and wrote the acclaimed biography 'Bert Hadley, a son of Birmingham' published by the PWA7C, a fascinating book which should be on every forum contributors bookshelf.
He also set up the Bert Hadley Championship for the PWA7C which has grown in popularity year on year and is one of the best ways of getting into competition by way of hillclimbs and sprints.  Being cleverly handicapped, every one has a chance (apparently!)