The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no pets allowed at centenary event
Do *not* try and book direct with the College. I think they did have the weekend dates available on their booking site, but those should now been withdrawn. Formal booking for the event will be open very soon.

I don't recognise those dates either - they certainly haven't come from the Organisers...
we can go on about this and point out that you cannot take your dog to a premier inn or to change a library book,until the cows come home, of course you can"t, but the fact is there are people out here who"s animals cannot be put into kennels because of the stress it causes them, just one day there freaks them out.I had planed to use my camper van and stay for the whole event So the fact remains that many animal owners will not be able to attend simply because they care to much for their pet. For fifty years I have attended Austin Seven rally"s and other vintage car gatherings with no ban on pets at any of them, and I am more than capable of seeing that no matter what I say or do will not change a single thing, but if anyone thinks that this will not "set a president " for future events then think again my friend "think again", enjoy the celebrations I will read about it in the club magazine Rob.
If i painted my seven in black and white spots and called it a Dalmatian could i run around the ring at Cruffs?

To anyone complaining about any point in the Centenary Event, why are you not on the organising committee? Countless opportunities have been advertised through the various club mags etc Perhaps if you joined them, you could have put your point across two years ago when all the organisation started.

You can stay off site, with your dog, get a local dog walker / sitting service to entertain the hound while you walk around the site for a few hours each day, nothing stopping you taking your dog on the runs etc each day - just needs a little bit of imagination to come to a solution.
I would like to express my support and gratitude for the unpaid volunteers who are putting a lot of time and effort into organising this event on our behalf. No location will ever be perfect for everyone and I am sure the no dogs rule of the fire service college was taken into account when selecting the location. What I do think might help if the logic behind the rule was explained.
(05-10-2021, 09:16 AM)John Mason Wrote: There are hundreds on dog boarding kennels all over the country. I know there are good and bad ones but with some research a good one can be found. Why can’t dog owners use this facility.

John Mason.

hi john,

i can understand owners fares of dog kennels.

we tried to start our boxer off at an early age with kennels.

after two weeks, he came back emaciated. to the extent he wouldnt eat anymore.

he had to go on a course of injections etc, to get him back to normal. far more expensive than the kennel.

he frets, and being the usual lively boxer, he was knocking his water dish over. so instead of refilling and moping the floor. they stopped filling the water dish Angry .

but i do agree, most of life has rules. and we will have to abide by them.

to spin it around, crufts would be knackered. if they banned people attending in cars Wink

as for enough talking about it, surely if we did. there wouldnt be any point in having a forum Big Grin

tony
Dogs? Mobile sh*t machines IMHO. 2017 figures were that 1000 tons of dog poo was laid on UK pavements per day. Dog ownership has vastly increased during the last 18 months and I imagine the owners of the site would prefer not to have to accommodate the disposal of the amount left in bags in bins or even the "Walker's Delight", hanging in little black baggies in hedgerows and bushes...
what are you saying with that little Rant then Duncan is it that you would be quite happy if all events could be dog free ,or that you think that all owners are irresponsible and that we would all leave bags of dog shit on the floor or hanging in the nearest hedge and not dispose of things properly regards to most Rob.
hi duncan,

i dont think thats a dog problem.

more of a human problem.

hevens forbid we should start on all the humans that give us problems in life.

you dont want to find yourself in that pit of st*t duncan Big Grin

robert google dog walkers and dog sitters, i done so earlier. you only have to put the fire stations post code. and it gives you a list local to the area, with good to bad ratings.

tony
Perhaps those with concerns could put their name down for the bicentennial committee now if they think they can do a better job?

It's worth sparing a thought for the people from this side of the world who probably won't get the chance to attend at all the way things are at the moment.

Simon
thanks Tony but it does not solve anything I would have to find an off site campsite and get someone to take care of our two " japanise chin "dogs every day of the event , its just something I will have to live with, but thank you for trying to be helpfull I will make myself known to you the next time I see you at an event thanks again Rob.